Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drive by shouting leads to big bust at Smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Drive by shouting leads to big bust at Smithville.

Drove by W ramp this evening... Flashing lights, 2 Water Patrol boats and 4 Park Ranger trucks at the ramp. Lady nearby said that one boat had been drifting with swimmers alongside when another boat passed close by. Shouting ensued... According to the lady (who had been in another boat), the argument intensified, one boat approached another ... so she called 911. According to her, both operators had been drinking but the pilot of the drifting boat was sharp enough to get his wife at the wheel when the flashing lights appeared. When I left the Water Patrol had put a life jacket on one guy and appeared to be taking him away on one of their boats.
    Anyone know anything else about the incident? (Nothing else to write about).

Post Thanks / Like

Drinking and Driving isn't cool, water or pavement. Most drunk drivers kill other people instead of themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I gotta say, it coulda been worse. I misread the title...thought it said drive by SHOOTING! Kept reading to find out who started shooting who in this altercation. Hats off to the law enforcement for taking care of business, and to the lady for knowing when to say enough is enough. Glad nobody got shot!

Post Thanks / Like

short i misread the title also did not know if it would be a child friendly thread???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    Drinking and Driving isn't cool, water or pavement. Most drunk drivers kill other people instead of themselves.
    So right Mduncan62 ..... I guess the water patrol put a life jacket on him because they didn't have a straight jacket..
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

No I wasn't at the lake his weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds crazy man just crazy.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

I stay off the water on holiday weekends ! Too many crazies out there !

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the lights from my parents camping spot last weekend, but I had nothing to do with it. Having said that, it is hard not to automatically side with the people floating in the water......we have all been on the receiving end of that idiot who thinks he (or she) needs to blow by you within a short cast length of a 10 ft flippin rod. In fact, I have done a little shouting of my own in the past. It was either that or flick a booger at them and I just didn't have any ammo, if you know what I mean!!!!!

Hats off to those folks working the holiday out there....my boat stays dry on days like that. Oh and I heard the reason they put lifejackets on the villiage idiots who are all liquored up and driving a boat is because it is difficult to swim with handcuffs on!!!!!
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not the same event but on Tue 9/04 I was idling south under W bridge when suddenly 2 idiots jumped off the bridge and landed about 50' from my boat. They were foul mouthing somebody else on the bridge. It was MF this and MF that, back and forth. I went on down the lake and fished for an hour or so and went back north to the bridge. There were at least 3 cop cars there on the east side with red and blue lights on and I saw two idiots wearing just shorts and handcuffs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast