Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 8 Species Day! Milford 2-Sep-2012

Post Thanks / Like

Default 8 Species Day! Milford 2-Sep-2012

On the lake before 6am, tried topwater bite for wipers with no takers so we headed to the crappie spot! One last cast of the skitter pop ended up with a small wiper but had already decided to fish for crappie so I put the topwater rod away. I was throwing a 1.5" pink and white tube on a 1/16 oz lead head and my buddy was throwing a white 1/32 oz roadrunner, each of us caught several bluegill each and a couple of hybName:  574452_2446355295374_379927645_n.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  47.6 KBrid bluegill/green sunfish before I hooked into this monster 21" smallmouth bass!
    Caught a couple more smaller smb's, several white bass, a buffalo, and a channel catfish!
    Here is what we were fishing...Name:  378284_2446876748410_1783553826_n.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  66.9 KB

Oh yeah I almost forgot the crappie! We decided to not take minnows today and didn't catch as many crappie but we did manage 5 "keepers" 11-13" and a bunch of dinks!
    My buddy Donny from Oklahoma with a couple of todays crappie!Name:  296537_2446894108844_1024860329_n.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  53.3 KB
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do."
    Izaak Walton, 1653

crappieslinger is offline Moderator Kansas Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You have been tearing them up lately! Thanks for the report!
    Don't Move a Mussel!! Clean, Drain and Dry EVERY TIME, ON EVERY BODY OF WATER!!

Post Thanks / Like

What are you spear fishing them? I've done well on them there some, no quite a few, years back. That's only cause I haven't fished it in that long. Milfords on my list bro, I'll start fishing it some again. Nice report, take a hose with you, so you can put out the fire, smoking, yea!!
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report! Was definetly a warm one yesterday. The wife fished with me and really put a whoopin on me. Managed four twenty inch walleyes on her part as I was just the net man. But still enjoyed the half day we fished. Spent the rest of the day with good friends, a cold brew and a great cajun shrimp boil in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice.......

The lake was a tough fish this holiday weekend with all the boat traffic......