Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weiss......?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss......?

We use to come down to Weiss, from Tennessee, in the spring and the fall, for 15-20 years. About 5 years ago, the fishing got so bad that we quit coming. Seems that it hasn't gotten any better. Nobody seems to post anything good or bad about Weiss. Has it not been restocked like it was in the past? I check out the different guides pictures that they post of their catches and they might only post 30 times over the months of January through April . Neely Henry and Guntersville seems to be very good. Did J R and Geraldine Tucker take all the fish with them when they died ? We really miss fishing Weiss ! Hope that it gets back to normal.

Post Thanks / Like

Weiss lake is full of fish - 6" to 9" in size. 2013 and 2014 will be good years for numbers; some really big fish
    are still in Weiss if you can find them, but their numbers are not like they use to be. However, the coming
    years should see some really good fishing. Time will tell ?
    Take a Kid fishing, keep only enough to eat, and release the rest to spawn again. Pop

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

The guides from Weiss have been bringing their clients down to Neely Henry and they are now depleting the keeper crappie there also.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Weiss is alive and well, fished Sunday morning for a couple hours and caught 35 fish, 9 were keepers. As for the guides taking all the fish from Weiss and Nealy, the fishing pressure on the lakes have been reduced over the last couple years. I fish Weiss , Nealy Henry and Guntersville, for different reasons, water levels or water color as we all know effect the fishing and I fish where I can do the best for that day. On the adverage I fish 80% on Weiss, 15% on Nealy and 5% at Guntersville. It upsets me when people run guides down, if any of the fish I catch has anyones name on it, I will gladly turn it back. The fish taken out of the lake on the pratice days for a large tournament will be almost as many as the guides take all season.
    Terry Whaley
    www. weisslakeguide.com
    EGO NETS SOUTHERN PRO