Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: new guy on the block

Post Thanks / Like

Default new guy on the block

Just sayin hi. And was wondering if any of you guys would be willing to give up a spot at berry bend? I normally wouldn't ask but I'm taking my wife this weekend and don't know the lake that well. And I think if I can get her interested mybe I can go more often with less problems. :D

Post Thanks / Like

fish the cedar trees in about 15 to 25 feet of water. fish about 8 to 12 ft deep. fish them thorough. try jigs and minnows. a nibblit might help. take a lantern and fish at night.

goof luck

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

main lake or in the coves. south side or north and can I put a slip float on my wifes pole. ( she hasn't fished much) I'm not sure if she would understand the concept of jigging.

Post Thanks / Like

I normally run all the way up to Hogles Creek. I fish the hardwood stumps that run along the road bed and treelines. Water can get shallow but it doesn't seem to matter. Last year all we did was stroll along the road and tree lines and let the jig do its job. Also, welcome to the site poorboy.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help! See you on the water!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome poorboy cant help much with truman but if you ever fish loz give me a shout i'll help ya all i can.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you here poorboy...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

When you come out of the ramp, go straight across and up fish along the bluffs they always seem to hold fish.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard poorboy glad to have ya.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboy welcome, Berry bend is a great place for crappie...and everyone on has given you great info...now my tid bit..go upstream and around the bend you will pass the beach on the right...keep going around the bend and you will see a big flat to your left with alot of flooded timber... fish that flat and all the way up that side of the ake you will also see a big creek cove fish the mouth of that good stuff...that whole area back in there is good stay in 15-20 feet of water this time of year and fish all the way down to the bottom you will do great..the crappie are still real thin after the spawn but they are hungry and they will knock the tar out of your jig...I think it would be great for you to put a slip float on set it about 15 feet and she will be in buiseness!