Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Favorite rod length for riggin?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite rod length for riggin?

Just getttin started at this, got the diaper on. Bee Ready made delivery on doorstep yesterday. What is preferred rod length for riggin. Have got 1-14', 1-12', several 10' already in garage. What is preferred?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use 12' rods but mostly fish Truman. Most people I talk to or you ask will say 14'. But I like the 12' foot because they are two piece rods. Breaking down 3 piece rods is a pain when you have 6 or 8 to do. I have a lot of people fish with me that have never done it and the 12' rods are muh easier for them to handle when landing fish. With all that said about 12' rods if I had to fish clearer water lakes or fish shallow stake beds where I would just set on a spot for 15-20 minites at a time I would go to 14 or 16 foot rods to get them a little further away from the boat. I would be glad to try and get out with you in your boat or you along with me and show you a few things that will save you some frustration while trying to learn. I said try. We sure have not been able to make it work yet to fish together.

Post Thanks / Like

After research, (mostly on this site) I bought 12 foot rods, I mostly fish Truman. So far I prefer that lenght. I see no need for longer with how I fish and also don't want them any shorter.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Jiggin15, thinkin I will go with 14'. Actually got rubber cushions on both consoles of Cat to I can run on lake without breakin them down or scuffin up gel coat. Just startin out at this so your assistance would be greatly appreciated. Yep, we'll get out fishin. Just can't seem to hookup with your work and my work. This sit down approach to catchin fish is new to me. Am not used to fishing slow-used to run and gun for green carp.