Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally... a thump

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally... a thump

Finally got a chance to get on the water again. Put in at Bolivar landing this afternoon around 4:30 knowing it would probably be tough fishing but the wife was feeling good enough and wanted to go. Was hoping to give her a lesson with the ten foot jig pole around some timber but the wind and her being a little short on patience today caused me to veto that idea. So we tried slow swimming triple ripple grubs past stickups and over brush. The crappie finally turned on about 30 minutes before dark. Brought home 4, one just shy of 12 inches ....they were about 6 foot down in nine to ten foot of water and hit with a good thump .... not a boat load but we are learning and it was a nice day to be out on the water with my favorite fishing partner.

Seems like every day I do something that proves I'm headed for the looney bin ...... Tried out the wife's new Bass Pro boat seat umbrella today. then forgot to close it up when we left one spot ..... we were running about 25 miles an hour when I remembered it ....
    Looked back , yep it's turned inside out .... I'm thinking there goes thirty some bucks ....... BUT ... turns out they really are wind proof.
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....

Post Thanks / Like

nice report... glad you and the wife were able to get out and enjoy mother nature's beautiful weather
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

congrats, glad the wife was feeling good, caught a few fish, had a good time,,,life is good..

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on gettin out.Sounds like u both had a great time.Gonna meet up with u before long and give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you caught some good sized ones any way.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkyfisherman View Post
    Congrats on gettin out.Sounds like u both had a great time.Gonna meet up with u before long and give it a try.
    I'm really looking forward to it Bud. I need all the help I can get when it comes to fishing Stockton ....
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....