Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stockton

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton

I love to fish down at Stockton when I get a chance to because it's a nice switch up from the muddy waters of Pomme Truman and LOZ. Is that reservoir stocked annually? If not when is stocked and with what species? It doesn't seem to be near the fish population that the other three have to me. When you or one of your colleagues shock it, do they find fewer fish per acre? Thanks for any feed back.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30

Post Thanks / Like

Danny, I will have to ask adam, the manager at stockton that one....the one thing i can tell you about stocking is that it has been stocked with walleyes every other year for quite a while...if you are specifically asking about crappie, MO reservoirs are very productive and rarely need supplemental crappie stocking

Post Thanks / Like

I do know that Stockton has its up and downs in relation to shad production. Shad production is very important for crappie in reservoirs.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments fellas. I don't see that many shad on Stockton.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny there are billions and billions of shad on stockton, and billions, you will have to trust me but I can tell you in the spring and fall you could walk accross them most anywhere on the lake, billions I say..... and I am right...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    Danny there are billions and billions of shad on stockton, and billions, you will have to trust me but I can tell you in the spring and fall you could walk accross them most anywhere on the lake, billions I say..... and I am right...
    No tellin how many billion for sure.And beagle you are right for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

billions ?? don't know how beagle can say that he can't count past 21. but he is right. have seen a line of shad that went from one side of cc to the other side.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should just try fishing the Big Sac arm for a change. I don't doubt you guys on the shad thing, I'm usually just around stockton in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Danny the little sac is full of shad i am like beagle man times you could walk on them across the lake at high point .good luck they are there .

Post Thanks / Like

This should have been an excellent year for shad. We have problems producing shad in wet years when water has to be released in late May - early June. That was not the case this year. Shad numbers can vary greatly from year to year. We've worked with the Corps on all the lakes to develop water level management plans to try and improve the chances of favorable water levels during the spawn. That why you'll see some lakes drawndown some over winter to have more storage before they are forced to release water. For example, Smithville is drawndown 2 feet each winter to give a little more buffer before releasing water becomes mandatory when it gets 4 feet high.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast