Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duck hunting on turkey day

Post Thanks / Like

Default Duck hunting on turkey day

I got up at 4:30 this morning to go duck hunting. Only because this is kind of a tradation I have with one of my buddy's. I think we have went on thanks giving morning for the last 8 years. Bad choice, all I could think about was crappie fishing instead. Just for the simple fact that. This morning there was not enough wind to blow out a candle and the sun was a shining.
    Happy T day to you all
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

The duck hunters that hunt the blind by my house only got 1 duck today. Tuesday, they got 4 mallards and a goose. The hunters across the lake cut loose with a volley today, they surely must have got a bird or 2. It seems like alot of the local duck hunters are getting into training retrievers, I have seen a number of them working with them.
    The last time I went crappie fishing, it made some duck hunters mad because they thought I was scaring the ducks away. I decided to let them have their fun and do some coon, squirrel and rabbit hunting until next spring. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default one more time

I wanted to crappie fish today but, the wife said I would be gone all day and she was'nt crazy about the idea.
    So my duck hunting buddy called to see if I wanted to go sunday and said we would be home by noon. I got the blessing on that one. I should have stayed home in bed for I drank to many beers last night. Not to mention I only shot one duck. I have been hunting ducks for 9 years and this is the worst season I have had
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are you duck hunting at?

Post Thanks / Like

Default red

Flooded fields and ponds along the Kaskaskia river.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Am I a fool??

Tried my luck again this morning for those Green Heads and left with a red head Conditions seemed to be almost perfect and yet no luck. Should have went crappie fishing instead. I have some new line I'm really wanting to try. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

I had to go to Decatur this morning and looked like half the people that own boats in Decatur were headed to the lake....Well there were a lot of them. Made me wish my boat wasn't sick.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Default Damned if you do Damned if you don't

I just made my duck hunting buddy not real happy when I told him I was going Crappie fishing tomorrow. We went on a Re-Con mission this evening and seen a lot of high flying Migratory birds. With the wind conditions tomorrow I have to try to crappie fish instead

The place we hunt is long walk from the truck, with decoy bags and Ammo box and flost tubes without a 4 wheel ATV, wich I happen to have. It becomes quite a workout.
    Oh well, I will get an extra 2 hours sleep tonight. Wake up at 6:30 instead of 4:30.

I hope I made the right decision

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger375
    I had to go to Decatur this morning and looked like half the people that own boats in Decatur were headed to the lake....Well there were a lot of them. Made me wish my boat wasn't sick.
    Ranger375
    If you want to go some time let me know . I could show some places to fish if the water would clear up around Whitley or you can show me . I can't promise you"ll catch fish but we sure can try
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey fish

I would not mind fishing Pana Lake sometime. your boat or mine makes no difference or Shelbyville for that matter. Let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast