Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: workout plan

Post Thanks / Like

Default workout plan

They just opened us up a free company gym where I work that has alot of nice new weight and workout equipment. I weigh 200 pounds and have never worked out before. Do you or have any of you worked out that could suggest a lifting plan such as how much to start out with and how many reps and how long per day and how many days per week to start out with and how often and how much weight to increase over time. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Gonna try to get fit and in shape. Dont wanna be a body builder, just have a nice build.

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't lifted before and just want to get fit, go for the Nautilis type equipement and use 3 reps of 10.

if you decide to be a body builder or want big muscles, you'll need to look into useing free weights and a pyramid method for reps.

I always set my weight by lifting until my muscles couldn't lift anymore when I approached the 10th count on my 3rd rep.

As a rule of thumb high reps of lower weight= toning, lower reps of higher weight=building.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieseeker
    They just opened us up a free company gym where I work that has alot of nice new weight and workout equipment. I weigh 200 pounds and have never worked out before. Do you or have any of you worked out that could suggest a lifting plan such as how much to start out with and how many reps and how long per day and how many days per week to start out with and how often and how much weight to increase over time. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Gonna try to get fit and in shape. Dont wanna be a body builder, just have a nice build.
    Just don't pull something there, it won't be covered if your "off".

Post Thanks / Like

Bowfin covered he weights for you. What you want to do is make your heart beat rapidly..weights will do it but not like a treadmill,bicycles,and climbers. Just be careful, you might consider a doctors visit before to take on a task like this. Oh, I'd exercise early as possible in the day, if you do it late at night, you'll be pumped up and can't sleep. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Fatboy, speaking of pulling something, you been pulling any crappie into that new fine boat of yours? Hey I might need you to give me lessons on that before long, I havent crappie fished in a good while and havent been back to Normandy since you took me out in your boat. Gonna get rusty if I dont go. Been doing the vacation thing with the family and working around the house.

Post Thanks / Like

Bowfin, how did you know that most of the equipment was nautilus equipment. You phsycic? Thanks for the info and my muscles are already sore
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    If you haven't lifted before and just want to get fit, go for the Nautilis type equipement and use 3 reps of 10.

if you decide to be a body builder or want big muscles, you'll need to look into useing free weights and a pyramid method for reps.

I always set my weight by lifting until my muscles couldn't lift anymore when I approached the 10th count on my 3rd rep.

As a rule of thumb high reps of lower weight= toning, lower reps of higher weight=building.