Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: swan creek management area

Post Thanks / Like

Default swan creek management area

fished friday afternoon about an hour before dark, water had too much ripple on it to see any baitfish, water is about 2 foot deep and this is a pretty large body of water, we have caught crappie in the spring here but haven't tried the shallow water summer bite, but i know it is loaded with fish...a couple of good places to launch a boat....has anyone else tried it?

Post Thanks / Like

Jamup,

I haven't been to Swan Creek in a couple of months, but I took several hundred Crappie last year. Mostly Black Crappie and some up to 15 inches and 2 1/2 pounds. I caught all those last year between June and Aug.

Post Thanks / Like

do you put in behind the building or do you go around to the dike side? we usually just put in be hind the buildings, it's a good place...there is sooo many bushes to fish around, makes me want to fish them like the spring, but i know the baitfish are running around in the open and so are the crappie....I usally go to the left toward the railroad tracks and haven't fished toward the dike side...there is also a big body of water on the other side of the tracks also, haven't fished it in years

Post Thanks / Like

I put in at the same place and always go left. The area on the other side of the tracks I fished last year a couple of times but never did any good. Best fishing seemed to be at daylight on the outer edges of the Buckbrush for the Black Crappie. The only place I have picked up keeper White Crappie was in the deeper water at the train tracks. Just before the pipe is an area that is a couple of feet deeper.