Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A couple of impressive products

Post Thanks / Like

Default A couple of impressive products

First off I have no financial interest in either of these products. I am mentioning them here, because they impressed me very favorably over the past week.

#1 Southern Pro's new Pro Series Hustler had two patterns I tried over the past week, or rather we tried in the boat I took out, Money and Cajun Cricket. Money struck out but the Cajun Cricket was the hottest plastic day in and day out all week long. I only had ten of them; so I let my fishing crazy sister use them. Not only did she catch more crappies than anyone else in the boat, she also caught the largest that my boat took. She also caught sunnies and hybrids, bass to 4 pounds, rock bass and pike on them. That pattern outfished my Pearl BG Baby Shads hands down, although that came in second.

#2 Lakemaster has a series of paper maps that are detailed and from my experience very accurate, even including some GPS way point settings. Far better than those available from the Minnesota State DNR at MN Lakefinder. There are bundles and many individual maps cover more than one adjacent lake cost on line is about $10 to $15 apiece and there are bundles for a bit more. Cheaper generally if you can get them from a store.

The DNR's Lakefinder is still a very good source for background information, including general stocking, consumption advisories, fish population samples, and general comments on most lakes and the fish populations in them, and the recreational compass shows where the individual lakes are and the roads available to get there.

jackie53 is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good posts thanks just ordered the southern pro will check out the lake master!!!!!
    John 3:16
    Blessed to have as many friends as fingers on your hand is a blessing!!!
    "Gone fish'n not wish'n"
    In God We Trust.
    Can God trust us.

Post Thanks / Like

No1son,

What kind of water and light were you fishing the Cajun Cricket? I would assume based on color it was clear water on a bright day. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Lakemaster's map of Mille Lacs from just a few years ago, had some substantial depth errors on it. I know this from numerous past icefishing trips there, and some of the recorded depth on shallow structure had me shaking my head. I ended up tossing it out, and went with the gps instead. Point is that, yes, the Lakemaster maps are better than the old maps the DNR has available on there website, but even those maps are subject to error. Just sayin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snowbird View Post
    No1son,

What kind of water and light were you fishing the Cajun Cricket? I would assume based on color it was clear water on a bright day. Thanks!
    Relatively but not crystal clear during low light periods both on clear bright and cloudy days. This pattern or one very much like it has proven to work under quite a variety of conditions for quite some years, but it has been hard to find. I would probably like just a teensy bit darker orange, but this one works. The week in question in my initial post was simply too hot to fish mid day under the brightest conditions at least in my opinion. Our outings were essentially before breakfast and after supper (late breakfast and early supper to be sure). I somehow don't see how getting uncomfortable is all that enjoyable.