Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Vacation!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a Vacation!

The wife and I alway take the first 2 weeks of July off and spend it at the lake. This year was like no other. We were at our lake house from 6-28-12 returning to the real world on 7-16-12. My daughter spent the first week with us and we enjoyed fishing the Big Pomme arm of Truman. Alexis caught her first limit on 7-2-12. We also did alot of swimming and playing. After the first 7 days Alexis decided to go hang out with my mom (grandma time for a 13 yr old girl is better than fishing in 100° days). So jackie and I started Prefishing for the 7-14-12 CDC tourney. We caught and released alot of nice fish and thought we were on a pretty good pattern for the tournament. We did however encounter several issues.. Wednesday morning truck wouldnt start. Replaced old battery , Thursday we came in from fishing with a flat trailer tire. Then Saturday after the tournament Jackie was getting out of our boat while in the garage and slipped on the fender and fell flat on her back hitting her head on the concrete. She is fine after a long evening at the ER. Got up Sunday morning and decided just to pack up and come home. To top off a wonderful vacation we got home to no Air Conditioningbanghead... What else.. Now that it is fixed, I hope we can continue without any more issues! I also had a new sign made for our garage since Gary (Just Jiggin) always gives me a hard time about being Limit Driven!! HAHA Thanks Bud!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Jackie is ok. Love the sign. Glad you had a good vacation despite a few mishaps.

Post Thanks / Like

Great vacation and congrat's to your daughter! I knew I should have used a marker to modify that sign and just in case Jigging15 has one too, I will bring 2 markers next trip to Truman. Dang Champion's every where, Jigging15 even tried to throw me off on Sunday driving a different one.

Glad Jackie is ok and I hope all your troubles are behind you.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad Jackie is alright. With that air out I can imagine how you felt arriving back at home but atleast everything's fixed now. Sounds like a pretty fun 2 weeks of vacation all in all though. So...how'd you do in the CDC tourney?
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely glad Jackie is ok and all the other mishaps have worked themselves out. Sounds like the fishing is still as hot as the air temp. Congratulations on a long, successful vacation.

Post Thanks / Like

We finished 8th out of 32.. 1 outof the money AGAIN, but got a new Pro Angler rod.
    Life is a game................ Fishin is SERIOUS!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

8th place in a field as strong as the 32 teams we had this month is a great finish. Let me know when you get back down this way and I will get you the rod. I was lucky to get myself to the tournament this time let alone remember all the stuff I needed for weigh in.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a great vacation Bro...really glad to here Jackie is doing good...Great looking daughter you got there...You are more limit driven than anybody I know...other than Tom aka Pole Bender..As far as to many champions on the water up there I guess Tom needs to bring up his ride..& put some Truman beauty marks on it.Rofl..See ya soon yankin..

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking kid and sign, the rest sounds like "life". Glad the wife's mishap didn't turn out serious.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a well rounded vacation....always gonna be glitches...glad Jackie is ok...must have a hard nogginThumbs Up
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast