Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Summer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Summer

Time for a new Smithville thread. Has anyone been out since it warmed up?

Post Thanks / Like

Strange nite.Was working and met a man I haven't seen in 7 years.He is about 60 something.Met him on smithville and made a day trip appointment with him.Met him at the ramp,and his dad was driving him and towing/launching the boat.great fishermen,130 years crappie fishing experience between them...to make a short story long

He told me tonite that this has been the most frustrating year so far for crappie on smithville.

Made me feel a little better,just a little,about my skills.:o :o :o

Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering how this year's non-spawn will effect the crappie population. Maybe not much considering the number of small crappie in the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Summer

Sure glad I didnt buy ramp pass this year.Maby next year will be better.Have only been once during the spawn.Not to smithville.

Post Thanks / Like

Got into a spot that iwas literally catching them on every cast.Biggest was 6"
    Not sure what their growth rate is,but there should be a bumper crop of keepers in 2 years,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cook
    Got into a spot that iwas literally catching them on every cast.Biggest was 6"
    Not sure what their growth rate is,but there should be a bumper crop of keepers in 2 years,
    That's what I was saying 2 yrs ago. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great spring in '05, bad winter '05/06

We all know how good the spring was last year. Most of us that fished all winter remember how bad the winter fishing was. Combine those 2 seasons plus the weird weather we have had, we all agree that this spring has been pitiful. I think that the weather had a lot to do with it but all winter and spring I have wondered if the lake was overfished last spring.

I would be curious to hear other opinions on this.

By the way, I am leaving for Canada in 2 days...a 7 day fly-in trip where we literally catch hundreds of walleyes and northern pikes. Nothing like fresh walleye everyday for shore lunch!
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy you all!!!! Im new ta this place, but can see that im not the only one with the SHORT fish PROBLEM. Holy cow, i cant believe the amount of short fish I alone have caught this year. Glad to find this site.
    "It's on like Bing Bong"!!!!!! Si Robertson

Post Thanks / Like

welcome aboard,MOJON.I'm another"jon"

Moffit,I actually had one of my better winters.The water didn't seem to freeze up as often.....and the crappie and whites stayed grouped up in the river section.Did much better than the last few months.

Have a safe and fun trip!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cook, sorry, I meant that the fishing on the main lake wasn't very good for the most part. I caught a bunch of small fish all winter and most people I talked to said that this past winter was the worst winter in years.

I may have to try the river this winter.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast