Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Billbob Contest - ends July 12th, Billbobs Birthday!

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Billbob Contest - ends July 12th, Billbobs Birthday!

The "Best BillBob" Story wins this contest. Keep it clean!

The "Best Billbob" story is open ended. The story just has to include him somewhere in it. It can be made up, it can be a story about something that happened at camp or while fishing. But I say again, keep it clean!

This contest will end on July 12th, Billbob's birthday, at 9pm CST. Entries submitted after 9pm will not be considered.

You will win two "The Billbob" koozies.
    Name:  93984d1340039289-random-raffle-2-starts-june-25th-ends-july-1st-6pm-cst-dscf4745.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  119.4 KB

PLUS

A LurePartsOnline.com 150 piece Crappie Lure Kit
    It is their standard crappie kit 160 pc Crappie Jig Kitupgraded to include 10 of our premium crappie jigs Crappie Jigs - Lure Parts Online, Inc

Billbob will provide input as to who the winner will be so please remember that. Final decision will be made by me and my family, but Billbob's feedback will weigh heavily.

This raffle ends at 9PM (CST) on July 12th 2012. A winner will be declared some time thereafter. Depending on how many stories there are it might take a bit to judge.

Disclaimer: Rules and prizes subject to change without notice.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Billbob......the man, the myth, the legend

The first C.C crappie camp that I went to was at Enid lake in MS. I had read some of billbobs posts and saw some pics on the board of him and CanePole and DonG. Anyway it was my first crappie camp to attend and I was making the rounds introducing myself and meeting everybody. Later on in the evening about dusk dark we were all sitting around the pavillion eating crappie fillets and Don Dons hush puppies when I looked up and here came this guy walking through the trees towards the pavillion wearing a Army Calvery hat and he had real long hair. I asked ....who the heck is that? billbob I was told.....then I remembered reading his posts etc. Anyway he comes over to the table where I was and sits down right accross from me. Then in a gruff voice he asks..." are you the moderator?" I told him that I was and he asked me to overlook his spelling etc. I assured him that I would. Next thing I know he says " Welcome Home " When he said that , I knew that we were brothers because the Welcome Home thing is common among VietNam Vets. We hit it off and chatted awhile and I really enjoyed his company. He and I talk time to time by PM and I see him twice a year now at the MS C.C crappie camps. Earlier this year he was camping at Sardis lake in MS and I went there to fish with him but it was really bad windy that day and really big rollers on the lake so we backed out on fishing. We just sat around his camp and visited for several hours....he is really good company. Billbob is the official Crappie. Com Goodwill Ambassador. He atends the crappie camps in several states every year and has trained beer fetchers in every state around. His picture adorns the official Crappie .com beer huggies now so he is famous, lol. He is a good guy, a good fisherman,a true hero, and a good friend. Billbob.....if your reading this....Welcome Home buddy.

I hope you have a great Birthday
    Last edited by "G"; 07-03-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

It's was a sad day in Hollywood. Hugh Hefner died and the playboy dynasty was in peril. The word spread like wildfire that playboy's end was near. The CEO's of playboy knew that if they didn't find a replacement soon that the dynasty would never recover.
    So they went in search of a man worthy of the role. They had a hundred thousand men apply for the job. Among the top runners were names like Matthew McConaughey, George Cloney, Brad Pitt, just to name a few.
    And then there was a few very unlikely men who applied also. And in this group was a fella named BillBob. He was a war veteran and because of the great publicity this would create they let him through the first cut. And then in a interview they found out he was a outdoors man. This added a little more character to the story, so they passed him through the second cut as well. In the next interview they asked him what kind of women he liked and he told them " it would be easier to tell what kind I don't like" this was puzzling to the CEO's so they asked "well what kind is that?" BillBob answered "I don't care much for dead ones" with this reply he slid though another round. The CEO's figured a guy who likes all women would help win over women who don't like what playboy represents.
    Round after round he made it through. To everyone's amazement, this Billbob guy just seemed to win over all the judges.
    Finally it came down to the final five guys. Matthew McConaughey, George Cloney, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt and This Billbob fella.
    The judges figured he had went as far as he was going to go and he had served his purpose. They knew he would never make it to the top. And decided to turn the final judging over to a world famous playmate.
    Jenny McCarthy would be the final word. She took them one at a time sat them down and interview them intensely. When she finished she said I've picked my favorite two.
    No one would have guessed it would be Matthew McConaughey and Ole Billbob. She said she just couldn't decide, they were both great men and would both be excellent choices. The CEO's told her to make a decision. So Jenny thought about it a while and said "well whichever one of you guys is the best kisser, will be the winner."
    Matthew went first. After he finished Jenny was in a daze, we all knew it was over. She said"WOW! What a kiss"
    Next it was Billbob's turn. He puckered up and moved in....

Billbob, Billbob, Billbob, Wake up you got a bite... Said Wilbur. What the heck was you dreaming anyway? You was over there kissing the air....
    Billbob said... " it was a nightmare"

Member, Tri State Crappie Anglers

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great story gator. You know ol billbob stayed a a big fancy hotel one night. He told me that he just didn't like it and would rather be at the campground. I asked him what was wrong and he said women kept knocking on his door all night and he couldn't get any sleep. He said he finally got tired of it and got up and let them all out.Rofl
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Great story gator. You know ol billbob stayed a a big fancy hotel one night. He told me that he just didn't like it and would rather be at the campground. I asked him what was wrong and he said women kept knocking on his door all night and he couldn't get any sleep. He said he finally got tired of it and got up and let them all out.Rofl
    OMG... Rotflmao...bwahahahahaha!

Member, Tri State Crappie Anglers

Driftmaster's Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I better not write one for this, don;t wanna win everything round here LOL Ole Teds just one of those guys you can't help but like. Of course when he's around me, he don;t talk to me much, he's always trying to get rid of me so he can have ole BLUE EYES to himself LOL
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

great onesRofl

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonDon View Post
    I better not write one for this, don;t wanna win everything round here LOL Ole Teds just one of those guys you can't help but like. Of course when he's around me, he don;t talk to me much, he's always trying to get rid of me so he can have ole BLUE EYES to himself LOL
    It's because you won Donnie's contest that you have to submit a story here! Otherwise there'll be riots in the streets.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Don't really care about winning a contest, but I would like to share my thoughts on Billbob. I first met him back in 2006 at an Arkansas crappie camp. We met several people for the first time ever on that trip and didn't get to spend that much time with him, but certainly long enough to find out he was a character. Now, 6 years and 3 more states later, we've enjoyed his company, his humor, his recollections, his cooking, his Yankee cavalry hat and his generosity. On one of the MS trips, Paul and I showed up packing light since it was a short trip and planned on having hot dogs for our two nights there. Billbob was camped just across the road and as soon as he saw me with those dogs, he let me know we no business eating lips and @holes, and to come to his camp for supper. If I remember right, he fed us breakfast one morning that weekend, too. I fished with him and TomTom on the last MS trip and that was an adventure as well. You haven't lived til you've been in the boat with Ted swinging a crappie around on the end of a 16 foot pole. I was glad to help by assuming the role of "crappie valet" (and I still kicked your butt, TomTom!) He is one of the reasons I am so lucky to have a crappie.com family. Love ya darlin'!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    Billbob......the man, the myth, the legend

The first C.C crappie camp that I went to was at Enid lake in MS. I had read some of billbobs posts and saw some pics on the board of him and CanePole and DonG. Anyway it was my first crappie camp to attend and I was making the rounds introducing myself and meeting everybody. Later on in the evening about dusk dark we were all sitting around the pavillion eating crappie fillets and Don Dons hush puppies when I looked up and here came this guy walking through the trees towards the pavillion wearing a Army Calvery hat and he had real long hair. I asked ....who the heck is that? billbob I was told.....then I remembered reading his posts etc. Anyway he comes over to the table where I was and sits down right accross from me. Then in a gruff voice he asks..." are you the moderator?" I told him that I was and he asked me to overlook his spelling etc. I assured him that I would. Next thing I know he says " Welcome Home " When he said that , I knew that we were brothers because the Welcome Home thing is common among VietNam Vets. We hit it off and chatted awhile and I really enjoyed his company. He and I talk time to time by PM and I see him twice a year now at the MS C.C crappie camps. Earlier this year he was camping at Sardis lake in MS and I went there to fish with him but it was really bad windy that day and really big rollers on the lake so we backed out on fishing. We just sat around his camp and visited for several hours....he is really good company. Billbob is the official Crappie. Com Goodwill Ambassador. He atends the crappie camps in several states every year and has trained beer fetchers in every state around. His picture adorns the official Crappie .com beer huggies now so he is famous, lol. He is a good guy, a good fisherman,a true hero, and a good friend. Billbob.....if your reading this....Welcome Home buddy.

I hope you have a great Birthday
    A TRUE HERO Not much left to be said. Welcome home again and again.
    Charter Member LHLC....Where the skin is thick and the stringers are heavy.
    Keep looking up cause thats where it all is

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast