Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Truman/Grand, up from BS...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Truman/Grand, up from BS...

CRACK... SPLASH.. WHOA!!!

Got to see my first tree on Truman come crashing down. Fishing up from Bucksaw and we heard this loud, VERY LOUD, crack/pop, then a 25' section of a tree comes crashing down. It was probably about 12" in diameter so that would have been a serious issue for a boater.

Did pretty good with a long pole n00b in the boat. Over all we boated over 75-80 fish, caught some doubles, ended up with a nice limit of eaters with some good-uns mixed in along with one blue cat for bonus. Bronze Star jigs in silver fleck/char w/ or w/o minnow did well. I had a double rig, just a minnow hook about 12" over the jig for a while, seemed to catch em on the jig just about as well as the natural minnow presentation, but the big'uns came off that solo minner meal.

Good to meet you Dave (crappicali) (calicrappie)????

Ok, now I'm going to bust a member out, in a joking kinda way. Will the member in the green jeep SUV watch the cutting folks off.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great morning. We caught fish below this morning, not near the numbers you had but still found some. Thanks for the report.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you worked them over pretty good ....
    I have not yet begun to procrastinate .....

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about coincidence! I was the one fishing the same area you were when that tree splashed!!!! We did ok too but not as well as you guys were. Your newbie did ok with that long rod.............
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, good to "somewhat" meet you, Bulletman. We did well if we kept on the move.

Tougher day today. Ended with 23 keepers today, same area, tougher going with the stronger winds. Size was improved over yesterday, caught better fish on isolated cover, some in 25-28 fow, 9-12 fd.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Still sounds like a pretty good weekend of fishing even with the heat and wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Well if I'd have known that was you I would have trolled over and said a proper howdy. We were in the little V-bottom. We didn't move enough, it's tough fishing three and trying to keep it somewhat fair to the guy in the back of the boat LOL.
    Bulletman aka Tommy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Dave (crappiencali) and I caught at least 5 limits earlier Saturday morning out of Windsor Crossing. Some were gooduns. Great morning on the water with a good friend.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.