Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First time night fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default First time night fishing

I may have contracted west nile, I think I still have a bug in my ear (if I were a profesional baseball player I'd be on the DL). We didn't get skunked but that's only because I caught a newborn channel cat. We didn't get put in until after dark because of a mad dash to get a new battery so on launch number two of the day with our late 1890's spot light and my terrible vision I couldn't see to navigate through the trees to deeper water so we drifted around in 5'. It was a learning experience at least and the boat is now running good (knock on wood) and hopefully will have better luck tomorrow. I would give you a report if I had one but I can tell you that about 18 to 20 paces from the sons creek ramp is not the place to fill your livewell, but you can empty a cooler.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had trips like that.Found out I like sleeping about a hour after it gets dark so gave up the night fishing and let the younger folk have it.Them skeeters sure do like me.Hope your next trip is a better one.(watch out for them snakes,they seem to be drawn to the light)

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Click on my signature
    "Night fishing tips 101"
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

ice must be bad this time of year, better luck next trip, let us know...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to give up. Went up to greaser to put in but there was roughly 257 people swimming on the ramp so went back to sons and between me the woman and the dog heat stroking we caught a few keepers dipping trees and the bite was pretty good in the brush 20 fow. We had a mess in the live well and decided to call it a day so headed back to the truck and in about 6 fow going maybe 10 hit a stump that killed the motor and once we took out saw that it crumpled the prop. I'm hoping progessive will get us a stainless prop otherwise I'm going to be stocking up on tilapia at the store.