8 25.81%
  • Salamonie

24 77.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which 6 tournament sites do you like the most

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which 6 tournament sites do you like the most

Please choose no more than 6 of the destinations above. Show us where they rank and for whatever reason. Maybe they're the closest, maybe they're the biggest. It's all anonymous.

Post Thanks / Like

I like them all....LOL!
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

you maybe a ok fisherman... but can't you read the " Please choose no more than 6 of the destinations above".
    J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TDHcrappiemaster View Post
    I like them all....LOL!
    I would've never guessed that!

I just figured this would be a good way to find out which lakes should always be on the schedule and which ones wouldn't be missed. As of this moment, of the 4 lowest ranking lakes, 3 have only been fished in the summer...post-spawn. Morse is the only one that has been fished in what most would be considered optimum fishing season. Since it's already been fished twice, early in the year, I'd say it's the first candidate to be shuffled around or off the schedule. Raccoon, which at this moment is the lowest ranking, was only fished once on a crowded, 95 degree Sunday.

If one thing happens with the schedule next year, I'd like to make sure that we're giving each tourney site a chance. I feel like we've got 10 decent to great spots to fish that can accomodate our number of teams. There is no feasible way to get them all in before the post-spawn and/or summer heat drives teams away. If we're going to cut down the number events, we should make sure that we're chopping off the correct ones, IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone needs to understand that we can not fish every lake every year. I would like to go to a 7 tournament schedule next year and keep things the same as far as 4 to qualify and 6 for the points.
    This way we can mix things up by not fishing the same lakes year after year. There are a couple of lakes I feel need to be on there every year but most of them can be every other year events.
    Having ten events and only needing 4 to qualify and 6 for points then that leaves 4 to 6 events that a person doesn't have to fish and thus a low turn out like we had at Tanners Creek.
    It takes a ton of time and hard work to put these events on and to me ten events was too many for us officers and a lot to ask for the club sponsors as well.
    Also spread them out by three weeks instead of two this way it gives people a chance to maybe prefish a weekend before the tournament and spend time with the family on the other weekend.
    Maybe give some people a chance to fish the CUSA or Crappie Masters events as well.
    Just my opinion is all so don't anyone get bent out of shape.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

anyone bent out of shape ?

J.I.L. <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Myself I don't care how many events slab masters wants to have I would just like the da
    tes not to be the same as cusa

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see the time of year for certain lakes switched around. Some of the more unpopular lakes are fished later in the year. Brookville for example can produce nice size crappies in the spring and has lots of bait fish to support big crappies but has only been fished in late summer. I know we fish lakes like salamonie, patoka, mississinewa, etc in the spring because they are known for big crappies, but we need to give other lakes some prime time too. Unless other lakes are given the same opportunity its hard to weed them out. I would like to see the dates get swapped around and then do a another poll.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a list of all the lakes in the State. (Wiki) Doubt many can handle the size of the club however and personally I'm happy with the lakes that were fished this year. But here's the list anyways:

List of lakes in Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone ever thought of a night tournament? Not till the wee hours of the morning, but from say 6:00 PM - Midnight. We have on several occasions tore the crappie up at night. They seem to quit around 10:00 though.

Post Thanks / Like

I have thought of a night tournament, especially in the summer when its so hot!!! I think it would be a great idea. Another idea I thought might be good is instead of having summer tournaments and having fish die, lets have a couple in the fall. Lets have one or two tournaments in earliy october and have the classic in late october or early november. Just an idea let me know what you think. I'll check out that list of lakes, heck half the lakes we fish I had never fished before I joined slabmasters, maybe there are some more good lakes we don't know about.

Bob Bales
    Bass fisherman turned slab fisherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast