Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Watch out for ticks people

Post Thanks / Like

Default Watch out for ticks people

I just picked up my antibiotics for treating Lyme's disease. I had tick hanging on me Weds evening so I took it off. Yesterday the bullseye was evident so I went to see the doc. Tests positive. 2 weeks of pill eating now and then a re-test. The kicker here is that the tick was a wood tick, not the more likely carrier the deer tick.

Ticks are bad here in the se corner of the state so stay alert to them if you get out in the deep gress or the woodlands.

Post Thanks / Like

You have to catch them early like that or you can end up doctoring for years. One co-worker has a kid that can't seem to kick Lyme disease, and those folks were careful in the first place, but they are so thick around his home that he picks up deer ticks mowing his lawn.

It pays to look for the bullseye even if you didn't notice the tick. You may not find all of them before they drop off. And just because the bullseye goes away doesn't mean that you no longer have the infection. Get it tested and treated as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I worked the garden saturday morning. I picked 9 ticks before they bit. They are bad everywhere.