Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Creek Friday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Creek Friday

Took my wife and son to Fishing Creek Friday afternoon with images of a 4 pound crappie in my head. Wife caught one tater chip brim. Not a crappie to be found. Fished jigs and varied the colors (orange chart, black chart, purple chart), fished deep, shallow, hit the "high fish concentration" bouys. Nothing. Saw plenty of fish on the finder. Tipped a few jigs with worms to see if I could entice a thug for my son, but still nothing. Got checked by DNR at the ramp when pulling in. Nothing to claim but three wearable lifejackets, my fishing license, and the emergency whistle my 3 year old likes to wear when we fish. Still, a bad day fishing is better than a great day at work.
    Maybe i need to start using minnows instead of jigs?

Bowfin
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowfin
    Took my wife and son to Fishing Creek Friday afternoon with images of a 4 pound crappie in my head. Wife caught one tater chip brim. Not a crappie to be found. Fished jigs and varied the colors (orange chart, black chart, purple chart), fished deep, shallow, hit the "high fish concentration" bouys. Nothing. Saw plenty of fish on the finder. Tipped a few jigs with worms to see if I could entice a thug for my son, but still nothing. Got checked by DNR at the ramp when pulling in. Nothing to claim but three wearable lifejackets, my fishing license, and the emergency whistle my 3 year old likes to wear when we fish. Still, a bad day fishing is better than a great day at work.
    Maybe i need to start using minnows instead of jigs?

Bowfin
    I dont jig fish much but the guys who do deffinately switch in those situations from what I've read.You just cant beat live bait in my opinion.I think most jig guys use them #1 because they are easy (no rebaiting) #2 because it's more of a challenge.I dont know about you but I dont need any more of a challenge here lately.I can use all the help I can get. I did hear that fishing creek was on fire though.Cant remember who told me , maybe it was you.Any way thanks for the report and keep at 'em....E.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't want a challenge either, I want fish I guess jigs are a lot more convenient. No bait tanks, aerators, and stopping by the baitshop and spending a couple bucks every fishing trip. I'll try minnow fishing from now on and if I get into the fish, i may drop a few jigs down there to see what happens. Maybe I can learn to be an effective jig fisherman, but so far I've learned I need to use minnows

B
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

I mainly use live bait also. I have been thinking about using both next time to see if one does better than the other. I think I read about doing that if the bite is slow.