Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Green 5/24

Post Thanks / Like

Default Green 5/24

Fished from 8:30 to 11:00 this morning longlining with 14 keepers in the boat then the bite turned off. Switched to bass fishing and had two eating sized fish in the boat before the wind picked up substantially at noon. An interesting development this year has been the number of black crappie that we have been catching where they have been very rare in years past. I found a school of blacks in the main lake last week and I caught a nice one today also. When we took out the recreational boaters and jet fleas were just showing up at the campground. You couldn't pay me to be on the lake this weekend. Be safe!

chucky is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be crowded and rough. Last year me and my nephew went on Saturday of mem. weekend because he wanted to fish really bad. I had teeth marks on my lips and tongue from holding back my language.
    BUT i don't know if i can stay off the water all weekend. I may have to go atleast one day. I'd say i will try Sunday. It is not to bad on sunday mornings till about noon. Alot go to church and with this being a holiday weekend, there will be a few to not venture out to early due to hangovers. Need to brush the dust off my lights and batteries and start fishing at night again.

Dutch552..... Did you find your fish today in deeper water? What was the water temp?