Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keel

Post Thanks / Like

Default keel

Was looking at getting this product for my saranac 146 xt has anyone ever used or ever tried. Or maybe someone knows a better idea or product. KeelEazy

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a viable and functional product. Would be a smart addition for those that have to load or unload on ramps where a bit of dragging is needed.
    The best way to get to where you want to be in the future is to act like you are there TODAY.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the guys ive fished with before from another dot-com site is using it his is 4x12 inch strip, on his kayak

Post Thanks / Like

They will send you a free sample if you request it. Mine was 2x6 inches that I promptly stuck on my bow. It's where my yak takes the most abuse.

I just put it on so there is no wear yet, but it seems pretty durable
    If vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what's baby oil made from?

Post Thanks / Like

pvc gets brittle in sunlight. I would think that a thin strip of UHMW (ie cutting board plastic) would wear better (and be easier to find a chemical bond, as not many things stick to kayak plastic very well).

Post Thanks / Like

I havent noticed anything yet, but its only been on for a month. It stuck on pretty good, actually VERY good. It has survived a long weekend of abuse in a striped bass contest in Long Island sound. Salt water, concrete, and sunshine.

Well worth the money, considering its a free sample. If its free, its for me.

On a side note, many of my PVC tube rod holders (PVC pipe I cut into pieces) are still going strong after 10+ years. They outlasted the original kayak they were on, and have moved onto a couple newer ones.

Due to UV damage, a yak shouldnt be stored in direct sunlight anyway. The plastic WILL deteriorate. Its always wise to care for your tools. I will wipe mine down with a good UV protectant.

Post Thanks / Like

So far with all of the searching I have done this product is the least expensive and can be easily removed. Looks like I am going to order it and give it a try and when I do I will try to post a review about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us posted

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kb2112 View Post
    I havent noticed anything yet, but its only been on for a month. It stuck on pretty good, actually VERY good. It has survived a long weekend of abuse in a striped bass contest in Long Island sound. Salt water, concrete, and sunshine.

Well worth the money, considering its a free sample. If its free, its for me.

On a side note, many of my PVC tube rod holders (PVC pipe I cut into pieces) are still going strong after 10+ years. They outlasted the original kayak they were on, and have moved onto a couple newer ones.

Due to UV damage, a yak shouldnt be stored in direct sunlight anyway. The plastic WILL deteriorate. Its always wise to care for your tools. I will wipe mine down with a good UV protectant.
    And, when you speak of a good UV protectant, you would recommend ____________.(?) Is there a specific product made for
    applying to a kayak for protection?
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

303 Aerospace works well on kayaks/canoes.

However most reputable brands put UV stablizers in their boats during the molding process. I would not bother wiping 303 on the boat, unless I left the boat at the edge of a pond for weeks at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast