Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wapp Fishing report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wapp Fishing report

How is the crappie doing at Wapp lake and what would be the best way to catch them? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

I was down there a week ago saturday. Tough for me. Wound up with 9, but it took til 0100 to get them. Pitiful.

I caught some on the river, some in the creeks, not a lot anywhere specifically that made me want to turn around and go back through the area. Straight jigs. I will tell you that I caught 2 males that were probably on the nest, as they were really dark still. Temps ~ 74* in places. Talked to one guy that was running minnow rigs. He had nine, early. Talked to another regular down there, he was tipping with minnows and didnt have much to show for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wappapello last thursday

We kept 23 crappie, most from 10 inches to 13 3/4 inches. Casting 1/16 oz crappie jigs. Most of our fish still in the creeks but they have moved off the banks a little. And they aren't too far back in the creek. Finding them on stumps and fish shelters around 4 to 6 feet deep. The lake is coming up to summer pool very slowly. Probably almost 360 feet now. I have talked to fishermen who are catching good crappie on stumps just off the main channel. Seeing a lot of spider riggers along the main channel. This has been a good year for Wappapello; even last winter a lot of big fish were caught. Of course last year was the flood and the fish weren't bothered much then.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been having pretty good luck rigging in 8-13 fow jig tipped minnows seemed to work best. Ended up cleaning 20 Saturday, bout the same the weekend before. Had several right at 13", good quality of fish this year for sure.