Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ditch Bass Bolo!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ditch Bass Bolo!

I met with Z-man Saturday morning and we hit a couple of my favorite holes. For all the board members that wonder if I ever have a slow day catching Crappie, Saturday was it! I only caught 5 or 6 Crappie all day. Beautiful day though and blessed to be on the water.

Spent three hours out again on Sunday and did much better keeping a dozen over 10 inches.

Name:  Picture1.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  49.5 KB

Post Thanks / Like

You werent out in one of the wheeler wildlife areas were you Saturday were you?? Saw a couple of yaks fishing and not catching much like us HAHA. Switched over to gills around 10 and ended up with 60 total between the 2 of us .Had 6 Crackers that went over 10 oz with one 2 oz shy of lb.

Post Thanks / Like

Started at Swan Creek WMA then moved to White Springs Dike.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like another great day on the water Ditch!!

Post Thanks / Like

OK then I saw both of you Sat , we were the 2 guys in the small jon boat at white springs that one of you was telling the other they are on to them(bluegill) .The crappie bit ok up till about 10 then the sun sent them under the pads i guess so went to gill picking and caught over 30 big bulls and 6 crackers.Caught 6 crappie in the first hour before 10 4 keepers at 10 in.You got a nice set up in those yaks.I would have probably paid you a good price if you had any cold water in the cooler HAHA as we left ours!!

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, It did get hot that day! Z-man (blue kayak) was the guy ratting you out. I (green kayak) was paddeling back from the levey and the new water control structure. I'd seen them working on it last year and I hoped they'd left a deep hole, no such luck. I'll see you again I'm sure, I pulled two or three hundred nice Crappie out of that hole last year!

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had known it was you id said hello.I will the next time i see ya.
    I figured there were scads of crappie in there with all the cover .I am usually chasing the crappie down below Gville dam when you are getting them there .The 2 guys in the bigger jon boat caught quite a few Crappie using somekind of spinner like a road runner before 10 ,then they slowed way down!!We like the gills that inhabit this place !! You never know what their pattern will be from one year to the next so you keep doing this and that till you catch one and repeat HAThey did spawn the first week in April there ,something I have never seen that early in these parts .We tried Swan about 10 days ago but it was so shallow we only found a few up next to the dike both crappie and gills,still havent figured the crappie out in that place.Anyways hope to bump into you again !

Post Thanks / Like

Once it gets good and hot I do well in both holes, but only for an hour or two after sun up. In July and Aug they hit great from about 5am till 7 or 7:30AM, then shut down like flicking a switch! We'll see each other again and congrats on getting the gills to hit!