Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got a first ever citation today.... sucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got a first ever citation today.... sucks.

My brother and I head out for cats this morning at Lakewood lake. The daily limit is 4. I got my 4 and was fishing and releasing. My brother caught 3 and try to catch his 4th so we can call it a day and head to work. I caught and release 3 cats, the 4th one I caught was hooked really deep and I figure if I let it go it'll die anyway so I put that sucker in my brother's bucket and leave.
    Well as we made our way to the car, the officer pulled up and said I caught 5 and my brother caught 3 and wrote me a ticket for that extra fish.
    Called the office and found out the fine is $110. OUCH.
    Lesson learned today and boy was it costly. $110 worth a lot of jigs.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you shoulda switched that fish stuck deep with another from your bucket. You never know when somebody mught be looking so just stay safe and follow the rules. I'm sure you'll survive this.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson learned I guess. Was he just sitting there watching you the whole time?

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch...should have been fishing crappie. They let you keep all the fish?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lesson Learned.
    Don't do what's right.
    Do as the law states cuz there are very few independent thinking warden's anymore.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kit Papermouth View Post
    Lesson Learned.
    Don't do what's right.
    Do as the law states cuz there are very few independent thinking warden's anymore.
    What ^^^he^^^ said.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskers View Post
    Ouch...should have been fishing crappie. They let you keep all the fish?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Yeah we only had 8 fishes which is the limit. I guess he was watching the whole time. Had to learn the hard way.

I wish the crappie at SV would cooperate so we wouldn't have to go after cats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Maybe you shoulda switched that fish stuck deep with another from your bucket. You never know when somebody mught be looking so just stay safe and follow the rules. I'm sure you'll survive this.
    That would still gotten you a ticket, culling is not allowed unless in bass tournaments. Even though I do think that there should be allowances for the culling rule with injured fish that are going to die anyway.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

DUDE, that is a bumber........ I learned the same lesson at one of Missouri's trout parks. Next time cut the line and leave the hook in the fish, 95% of the time they will survive!! And a hook is waaaaay cheaper than a ticket.
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by claybuster View Post
    DUDE, that is a bumber........ I learned the same lesson at one of Missouri's trout parks. Next time cut the line and leave the hook in the fish, 95% of the time they will survive!! And a hook is waaaaay cheaper than a ticket.
    well DUH... LOL... that's exactly what the office said " cut the line and leave the hook in the fish, 95% of the time they will survive!! " Are you sure you ain't that officer ?
    I don't even get traffic ticket.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast