Ha! Sort of. I went out to Offutt Base Lake again today to try and find a nice spot protected by the 15 - 25 mph winds today. Once i found another one of my favorite spots, the water was kind of murky with a few little ripples on the water. I figured with the depth, should be a nice spot for bluegill and sunfish to hang out at. At first i wasn't getting much of anything, until i started casting underneath a large dead tree that provided some limited shade with the afternoon sun. That's when i started hammering the bluegills and sunfish with a little bobber and a white 1/64oz jig. During one retrieve instead of the bobber just doing a little dance on top of the water, it went straight down where i couldn't see it. Of course, my reaction is that a good size bluegill or sunfish must've gotten it and taken it back into the rocks or cover. So i started reeling, the water was only two feet deep where the fish hit it, but as soon as i saw the lure pop out of the water, i saw a lm bass swim up to the surface and then back down and away. Gotta be kidding me! But i thought about it, there is no way i could've known a bass would hit that small jig, let alone i wouldn't have a very good hook set with little hook on it anyway. So i let it slide and went back to going for bluegill and sunfish. 30 minutes later and no more than 6 feet from the same spot. I hooked another big LM bass, this time i was smart and kept tension on the line and slowly reeled him in, course i left the damn net in the car, but i just kept thinking, i gotta wear him out so when i get him close to the rocks i can grab him. He finally wore down and i got him to the rocks, as soon as i bent over to pick him, he thrashed around one last time and threw the jig out of his mouth, i jumped forward and grabbed him underneath the gills. Only thing i got wet was my shorts, but it was worth it. It was a female bass, measured at 18.5" and a big belly. I put her back into the water and kept fishing until the shade was off the water.

Weird thing about this female bass is that she only had a horizontal stripe on one side, not both sides.