Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Longview Lake Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Longview Lake Crappie

Hi everyone. I'm wondering if anyone fishes Longview and would have some ideas on where to start looking for crappies there? I don't have a boat and would be fishing from shore. Any help would be appreciated. I'd post up a report when I go out. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Duncan fishes it some im sure he will chime in.
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

Post Thanks / Like

you can try mouse creek is a good spot or try the first cove to ur left by the damn facing twords the lake but i have to warn u dont expect to catch many with size to em most of the ones out there are 6-8"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks CrappieSlayer! Is it heavily fished?

Post Thanks / Like

Around the dam is a good place, in the creek areas is also good. When I drove by tonight it looks like it's up at least a couple feet, might want to let it come back down. When the bass tournaments are going on you'll see boats all over the creek section, so you know there's fish. In a lot of those areas, you can cast all the way to the other side. Creek bends are good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Duncan. I really appreciate your response. I'll probably hit it sometime at the end of this week. And yea I'll probably wait for the water to come down a bit before heading out. Are there any nice sized slabs out there or are they all really dinks?

Post Thanks / Like

I caught a 2.43lb slab there this year, it's in the duck pond now at BPS (they didn't want to put it in the tank with the catfish that's been eating all the bass and crappie).

I think the fish size is on the rise in that lake. But I can typically catch can pull some decent fish. Don't forget too, there's a spillway you can drive too and catch fish also.