Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hugh Gillis PFA Laurens County

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hugh Gillis PFA Laurens County

I went to Hugh Gillis PFA in Laurens County about 4 years ago and caught some nice copper nose bluegills. They were probably around 9 inches in length. Caught some nice shellcrackers as well. Our county paper had a picture a few years back of a young lad catching a 1lb plus out of there. It was huge. Enjoyed the trip when I went. The ramps and facility were really nice. Was wondering has anybody fished it lately?

Post Thanks / Like

I have really caught some nice fish there, This Friday - Sunday would be a good time to try as the full moon is Sunday.

I should fish there more as it is only 12 miles form my house. When I get back from Santee, I will go over and try it.

As more folks see this Bream Forum we will get more info to folks.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't fished it in 2-3 years, but I have caught some good bream there in the past also..My girlfriend wants to try her hand at bass fishing, so we are going to try Ocmulgee PFA this weekend. Been hearing of some real good catches there and it's catch and release on the bass..That's what I do with bass anyway...Going to be prepared to try the bream and shellcrackers while I am there also..Never fish Ocmulgee PFA so it should be interesting!!

Post Thanks / Like

TNT. I have fished the Ocmulgee PFA about 10 times this year and I have jigged around the timber and picked up some nice crappie. Ain't did any bream fishin.Good luck.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!