Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Lowe Stinger 195 with 115 opti pro xs

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2012 Lowe Stinger 195 with 115 opti pro xs

Questions for those of you who have this boat. What prop are your running? What hole is motor mounted in? What GPS speed are you getting?
    Aint quite got mine tweeked just right to get the most out of this set up I dont feel. Nothing out of the ordinary on it weight wise me 210lb
    3 batteries. Love the setup and boat just want to get it just right and tired of going back and forth testing. Thought maybe some of the experts here could save me some time.

Post Thanks / Like

Surely some one has this setup even if it is a older model.

Post Thanks / Like

What kind of performance are you getting out of it and what are you dissatisfied with?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Aluminum Triton 1753 Crappie with a 75 fourstroke and all mine will do is 45 tops.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

Was talked into by merc to try their new 4 blade spitfire 13 1/2 X 19 pitch, I wanted a cheap aluminum for a spare anyway so went that route while trying to get the sweet spot with a stainless. Merc test on this exact setup on their webpage said 47mph with a 13 1/2 X 22 Laser II aint got one of those yet but did do the 13 1/2 X 24 laser II (which shoulda been faster got me 40 but road the best on plain etc of all we have tried thus far, seemed we had it mounted to low and raised it, lost 2 MPH and could only get 5100 RPM either way. Did the same exact tests with the spitfire also as far as mounting height, etc. and it is basically the same however it doesnt make a darn on it. It is 40MPH no matter mounting height. However I will say it doesnt matter to this prop whether it is me alone or me, wife and kid plus 2 full livewells it is the same. Just looking for others advice on what they are getting. Maybe my expectations are to high, plus I havent got ahold of the prop merc used on their website for tests yet, which may be all i need.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-26-2012 at 03:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be really suprised if you could get 47 out of that boat. I have an 1860 war eagle with a 115 merc and 26 pitch stainless prop on it that i know is a laser but not sure if its a I or II. I can hit 48-50 with just me but with another guy and gear it knocks off a couple MPH and with three guys its only about 45. I have never messed with moving the motor up and down but have always thought about it.
    Last edited by heath_88; 04-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

your not going to get 1 or 2 mpr. just get your rpm. to 5500 to 6000

Post Thanks / Like

k4kfish
    you need to get the rpms up to 5800 to 6000 rpms drop a prop size or two find a good boat guy in your area to help

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2006 180 stinger with factory stainless pro on a 115 opti and in perfect conditions with a low tank of gas and just me It has ran 48mph. More realistic day to day loaded down with gas, fishermen and gear it does 42-44mph. Not a great answer to your question but the 195 is a bigger boat than the 180 so not sure you are missing anything at all. 40mph with a load of gear and fisherman would seem to be about right to me?
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a pro team 190 tracker with a 115 optimax and I can only get 40 mph GPS speed. Now the speedometer reads 46 - 48 but I trust the GPS over anything.

I'm getting 6000 rpm with the stainless steel prop at top speed and I feel thats all the boat will ever get regardless of prop. I'm very satisfied with its performance.

I would say if your getting 40 mph then your at the top speed for a 19' boat and 115 hp motor loaded down.

Just my opinion....
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast