Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A little Melvern info

Post Thanks / Like

Default A little Melvern info

Hit the lake Monday am early wind out of the North around 15 not bad but kind of slowed down some places on the South. We hit and tried about every pile, bed shallow deep in between. Caught 8 keepers very frustrating day. That is why it is fishing and not catching. Better day ahead. I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the river above Melvern this pm. Fished hard caught 5 dinks and one female that was 15 inchs. Thank you mommy and may you produce many babies. Just not a very productive afternoon. The evening was great after the wind died, we kind of eased along with the trolling motor being quiet and scoped the wildlife out saw deer turkey and even a covey of quail which is so unusual anymore that made the trip a success.

Post Thanks / Like

i quess blackdog its all about exspectations. 8 keeps dont sound that bad to me. glad it was a enjoyable trip. can you save that 15in female for me when we meet for the get to meet there in a couple of weeks. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Went out for a little bit today pretty much got skunked, got tired of fighting the wind so I called it a day. But got a late start the dog decided he like the taste of wire and had to replace the trailer wiring before I could even go

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report.Sounds like it was a little slow also.I'm hoping fur better days ahead too.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Good report.
    Got to love the hit and missing spring crappie fishing and roller coaster weather. The mediocre fishing days just make the great ones that much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. We were there yesterday and had much of the same. We only caught 3 keepers and one short. We did catch a bunch of smallmouth on jerkbaits and grubs, and two white bass. It was a very weird day for this time of the year and for what the water temp was. Usually we can drift the length of the dam and pick up white bass on almost every cast. Yesterday we started at the north end of the dam and drifted the entire dam, and never had one hit. I guess they were still a little screwed up from the cold front, that's the only thing I can think of.

Post Thanks / Like

are there any maps or info on where the brush piles are at
    god is great beer is good and people are crazy

Post Thanks / Like

I do not know if there are any info available, maybe KDWPT has info, but there are many brushpiles on the south banks.