Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Minnow Count at Paradise Store Smithville Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Minnow Count at Paradise Store Smithville Lake

If anyone is using minnows and looking for a good count (and you don't have to mention who you are ) the Paradise store gave me a really good count. I asked for 3 dozen and ended up with so many minnows I cound see half way down in the bucket.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice going Chris, glad to see you got your Smithville "limit" NO, WAIT..........you said MINNOWS. Sorry.Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Nice going Chris, glad to see you got your Smithville "limit" NO, WAIT..........you said MINNOWS. Sorry.Rofl
    Notice I didn't follow that up with a report of a limit caught let's just say the bait shop report was better than the fishing report LOL

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s a good thing; I’ve seen your boat and wouldn’t want to know how much it cost to bait those rods all day! Rofl

Post Thanks / Like

I'll give them a try, they have cold refresments too. The guy in Smithville, Burton's?, always does me good and his mother is just plain nice.
    The fishing was so good I thought it was yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    It’s a good thing; I’ve seen your boat and wouldn’t want to know how much it cost to bait those rods all day! Rofl
    I cannot deny nor confirm that account, lets just say the Fall and Winter are much easier on the wallet when I have friends in the boat and the crappies are hitting jigs more aggresively.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Downsea View Post
    I'll give them a try, they have cold refresments too. The guy in Smithville, Burton's?, always does me good and his mother is just plain nice.
    Burton's has always been better than most bait shops in the Smithville area I like them too, but the count I got at Paradise was the best I've ever seen. I think the new owners are trying to build up a customer base lets hope the count stays good as time goes by

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be better than what I had last year at Camp Branch. I swear that little gal almost shed a tear as she was counting down the specific minnows, I was thinking she was mumbling, "Goodbye, little jumper, bye bye itty bitty, see ya later poopsie, sianara mini carpie warpie (this is where I run out of cutsie pet names for minnows and start gravitating to the dark side, so I will quit)". Let's just say she counted them as if she raised them from small fry.......

I think that was the same trip I discovered my chocolate lab liked to bob for minnows in the bucket.....
    I believe in catch and release.....right into the grease!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey nightmare, how the hell are ya?
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

Post Thanks / Like

The Paradise General Store makes a pretty good hamburger too! I haven't tried them yet, but they just started doing tenderloins also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast