Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone use the 1.5" Squirmin Squirts Tubes from Bass Pro?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use the 1.5" Squirmin Squirts Tubes from Bass Pro?

Anyone use the 1.5" Squirmin Squirts Tubes from Bass Pro? I am going to make some bettle spin type lures using these tubes in the river for sunfish, smallmouth, and redeye. What are your favorite colors in them for fishing in the river? I generally use crawfish type colors and alot of chartreuse. Any of you all have some favorite colors in them? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Michael

Post Thanks / Like

I use them alot, i like pink/white, yellow/white, blue/silver.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the all the time too.

I have caught 1000's of Crappie-Sauger-Bluegills and Smallmouth on Kentucky and Pickwick Lakes.

Here are my best colors in order.I mount them on Tube inserts 1/32oz or 1/16oz

Black/Chartreuse---Red/White---Red Chartreuse---Purple/White---Yellow/White---Salt/Pepper (Pearl with black specks)

Post Thanks / Like

I also use them all the time. Good bait.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about getting these colors yellow chart, lime green core chart, orange core chart, black chart, XXX shad, and cajun cricket... What do you guys think about those colors? Bass Pro Shops® Tournament Series® Squirmin'® Squirts - 1-1/2'' | Bass Pro Shops

Post Thanks / Like

I think you got a good start there. You can't go wrong with shad imitations or lime/ chartreuse and black/ chartreuse. 2 of my go to colors down here in Arkansas.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate that salt impregnation. Gets on boats, hands and tackle boxes. I use Southern pro and add attractant. Everyone to his own, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got some pumpkinseed colors and cotton candy and other shad like colors that I have used for trout. But, I was thinking brighter colors with chartruese for the sunfish (primarily redbreast sunfish).

Post Thanks / Like

One of the main things in my area is you always need a chartuese as 1 of the colors.All the bright colors you suggest look good but I really like the pumpkin seed/chartruese on the bass pro link.I am going to get some of them to help me catch Sauger.

Another thing I always do is tie 2 different color tubes on one rod and reel about 6-12" inches apart on 1/32 oz inserts and see which color is working that day.

I usually have 3 rods and reels that make me able to see what the fish are wanting in 6 different color combos.That way in the 1st hour I can try all 3 reels and combos.

Bobby

Post Thanks / Like

I like the white and pink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast