Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: information on how to make your own tube skirts.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default information on how to make your own tube skirts.

some of the guys wanted a 1 inch tube skirt we had to make our own molds or I should say that we use £.16 nails and dipped them into plastic you can cut them to do the desire linked that you want after you pull them off the nail you have to use your razor blade to split your own skirt I posted on this down below on this page also a little bit but I thought for some of the beginners and especially some of the old-timers that were interested in doing this I would share this information after we get to nails we took a piece of wood and drilled holes in it to cool the nails why they are cooling with the plastic the plastic is easily pulled off without any problem and all you have to do is split in with the racer if you're wanting 2 colors simply re-dip the nail into plastic on the and to get your second color.
    Name:  DSC_0030 (500x332).jpg
Views: 548
Size:  30.0 KB

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Now this has me thinking. Great idea. On the nails, are you using a galvanized nail or a coated sinker with the varnish removed before dipping?Also, did you smooth out the end of the nail at all? Round it off a bit instead of leaving the sharp point?

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    Now this has me thinking. Great idea. On the nails, are you using a galvanized nail or a coated sinker with the varnish removed before dipping?Also, did you smooth out the end of the nail at all? Round it off a bit instead of leaving the sharp point?
    we are using regular steel nails I put a little bit of vegetable oil on a rag and wipe the nails I take each nail and get them and sent them into my holder made out of a piece of wood real simple you could actually make a little bored if you have a dish big enough for your plastic you can make a lot of these in a big hurry I will enclose a picture here to show you what I have done.
    Name:  DSC_0031 (500x332).jpg
Views: 436
Size:  96.5 KBName:  DSC_0032 (500x332).jpg
Views: 435
Size:  93.8 KB
    yes I rounded off the end of the nails.
    now I'd better get ready to go out and make 100 of these for ifish.

www.bobsjigs.com