Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: johnny morris reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default johnny morris reel

thinking about getting a johnny morris singnature series jm10. has anyone got one? do you like it or not?
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend that has one he really likes it. I tried it, it is smooth. What ya gonna put it on?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate mine as a bass reel, have put it on my crappie rod and it is a better fit. But for the money a pflueger reel is money better spent and you can buy 2 reels for the price of th Johnny Morris reel.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the BPS Pro Qualifier PQ1000 for 2 years. After a few white bass and a couple of crappie it ain't so smooth anymore..... going to replace it with a Shimano Syncopate 1000FG which I have on two other rods. Seems like I get more for my money with Shimano.....BUT YOU KNOW THE STORY,,,, "OPINIONS ARE LIKE ELBOWS-EVERYBODY'S GOT EM..." Rofl
    FISH ON......... inspired by river monsters around the globe.......

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one last year for a trip to Canada. Was not impressed at all. I took it back and bought a pfleuger. Save your money.

Post Thanks / Like

They aint worth spit if your really fishing the reel. But for pulling cranks or something like that it wont be to bad, probably find some just as good cheaper. I have burned through his reels a few times and always ended up buying reels after using them a few times to replace them. Not very well made and tend to be hard to get tuned right.

If you found them on clearance for a good price and all you need them for is to hold line then yea they will be ok for that. Just dont get them to cast with alot, I broke 3 in one day on Kentucky lake spinner bait fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

wanting something for a casting rod. got 2 pfleuger president had them a while both are wore out, took them apart and cleaned them up and still rough. wanting to try something else
    kost plus crappie team

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the JM20 for a while now and have not had one problem with it. Bass fished with it, pulled cranks with it....even had the heavy sucker on a jigging pole for a while. I clean it up and grease it once a year and it is flawless. All of the reels I use for casting are bps, 4 bait casters and 2 open face. Enjoy them all. I had heard at one time that pfleuger makes bps reels, I don't know that for sure though.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a quality casting reel that is similar in price to the Johnny Morris reel, look at the Quantum KVD spinning reel. I have 3 I use bass fishing for swimming grubs. Casts as good as any reel under $100.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used Shimano exclusively for years, and not even the high-end stuff. My casting rods are all Citicas on GL2 rods (except for the 9' heavy rod I use for hybrids below Truman Dam) and for spinning reals I've 1000 series since the last design change.) My original Citica is 13 years old and it would probably be as smooth as my newer ones if I actually would maintain them properly... Just my 2 cents though..
    I need my sleep... I need about eight hours a day, and at least ten at night. - Bill Hicks