Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Tournament This Week

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Tournament This Week

Unfortunately, Alex had to cancel the April Smithville tournament due to lack of interest.

For anyone that is still interested, here's your alternative ..

Me & a buddy will be going out of W boat launch at 8:00am Sunday, April 15th. We will return to that boat launch at 2:00pm. If anyone wants to meet me at the boat launch from 7:45-8:00 (boats pull out at 8:00, so don't be late) and pay me $25 per boat and/or $5 big fish, then we'll have a small "fruit jar" (I guess that's what they call it) tournament. 100% payout (70%, 30%, 10%), fish however you want, weigh your largest 7 fish.

From what I understand, there wasn't a lot of interest in the original tournament, so I don't expect many boats .. but, we were really looking forward to the tournament and still want to make a day of it. Hell, even if it's one other boat, it will still be fun.

If you're interested, try to shoot me a PM so I know.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, bad math .. make that 60%, 30%, 10%.

Post Thanks / Like

ill be there

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I was considering due to the 110% payback and two boats. I thought I might at least get third place with two boats. Now Rodney ruined it and I just lost another spot.

As for the original tournament I’ve told Alex in my opinion pick a date and stick with it no mater what else is going on and no matter how many don’t like the date he picks. There are not many tourneys that change dates to accommodate everyone because you just can’t. Fish it no matter how many boats show. He is trying to please everyone and you just can’t. Thanks Alex for trying!:Hands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

Rodney,
    Glad to hear we'll have at least a two boat tournament!

Bill,
    Agreed .. Alex deserves huge kudos for all he does for the CDC get togethers & tournaments. It's a shame this one didn't work out. My idea to go ahead and have a small tournament is by no means a shot at Alex or anything like that. We were just really looking forward to the tournament and meeting some people, so figured we'd go ahead and throw this idea out and see who was interested.

If anyone else is planning on making it, please either post it here or send me a PM .. would just like to have an idea how many people we'll be looking for that morning. Also, please note the 8:00 start time, which is later than normal.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree too. With busy kids schedules etc I don't know till a day before half the time where I will be. I was planning on attending just had not committed fully yet. I will be at ramp if I can make it? Lee

Post Thanks / Like

Alex changing the schedule....that would be my fault. Sorry guys, but I thought helping with the habitat on our local lake would be high in our list of priorities.

I'm still planning on being there with my fishing buddy, Jeff. Bill

Birddogs54
    2005 Ranger 519 Yamaha 200

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm like Lee just waiting till the last min. One never knows what the boss has planned.

No probs here i just figure you can't please everyone so why try! banghead Guess that's why i have so many friends!Rofl

I will make it if I can.

Anyone have a PERMIT....bet more show than you think?????????????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keeferfish View Post
    Anyone have a PERMIT....bet more show than you think?????????????
    No, I don't have a permit. Honestly, it sounded like there wasn't much interest, so I didn't think it would be enough boats to worry about a permit. Is there a certain number of boats that require a permit?

Post Thanks / Like

With some help from Bill/Keeferfish, who passed along some information from Alex, I now have a permit in hand .. thanks Bill & Alex!

I've had 4-5 boats PM that they will be there and a few other maybes. Looks like it might rain a little, but hopefully it won't be too bad. Like I said, even if it's just 3-4 boats, it'll be fun .. but, the more the merrier!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast