Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Stockton Cedar Ridge 4/6

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stockton Cedar Ridge 4/6

Fished out of Cedar this morning and had a good bite between 6:30 and 9:30. Fish were in 5ft to 10ft of water. At 9:30 we had 28 keepers and 13 shorts. We made a move to spot 3 and then to spot 4, then spot 5 and finally 2hrs later at spot 6 we caught 3 big females over the top of a brush pile. So, good trip but once that sun got high it got tough for us. We took some time to eat a little lunch and then put the racks on to pull some cranks. We caught 1 big female crappie and 4 white bass on our first down and back and then headed back to the ramp.

Side note when we got to the ramp someone had turned their boat over and it was sticking out of the water off the side of the ramp. My partner talked with him and he said he put the hammer down just out from the ramp and all the sudden it just rolled over and he was swimming. It was a glass boat and he had no clue what had just happed. Felt bad for the guy as he stood their soaked waiting for a wrecker to come pull his boat out of the lake. Just glad he was ok.

Wear your jackets!
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

That really sounds like a rough day. But sure glad u got some fish jason i wa sover there 2 wish would have ran in toyou

Post Thanks / Like

Wow glad he was ok! I wonder why it flipped, I have heard stories of boats flipping when the plug is left out and they try to get on it quick and all the water rushes to the back.

Glad you had a good day! I am going to try tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got a mess.COE man told me that the guy put the hammer down and made a hard right turn and lost it.Me and Logan managed a few there back in turkey creek.

Post Thanks / Like

Bet that ruined his day,sounds like you did ok though.Stockton can be tough on a sunny day,clear water does that it seems.

Post Thanks / Like

nice going jason, sounds like a good day for sure. keep moving is the secret on stockton ??... may try that next trip

Post Thanks / Like

You nailed in Michael moving is the key. Also in the clear water you have to back off and reel very slow. Or, at least I do.

This morning (saturday) was game on at most every spot we hit. Over cast sky and some wind made the fishing awesome. We caught close to 50 keeper crappie, 15 shorts, and 5 keeper walleye. We put in at 6:15 and fished till 10:30. I love these kind of days during the spawn.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good coupla days for you........congrats!
    We do not want the gift of a fish; neither do we expect a lesson on fishing; what we direly need is a chance to fish