Thread: Biobor EB

Post Thanks / Like

Default Biobor EB

Has anyone any information on this?

http://www.biobor.com/fuel-additives...ster-index.php

Post Thanks / Like

Hadn't heard of it before. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I go by this : Is your gas additive safe with E10 fuel? ... and plan to use Marine Stabil, since my boat "can" sit unused for several months at a time.

I'm planning on trying to siphon out the remaining "old" gas, and refilling the tank before use ... but, I haven't attempted it, yet, so I'm not sure if I can. I do know that the current gas has been treated with Stabil & SeaFoam, but I'm not sure if the Stabil was the regular version or Marine version (boat was full of gas when purchased last June).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    I go by this : Is your gas additive safe with E10 fuel? ... and plan to use Marine Stabil, since my boat "can" sit unused for several months at a time.

I'm planning on trying to siphon out the remaining "old" gas, and refilling the tank before use ... but, I haven't attempted it, yet, so I'm not sure if I can. I do know that the current gas has been treated with Stabil & SeaFoam, but I'm not sure if the Stabil was the regular version or Marine version (boat was full of gas when purchased last June).

... cp
    Marine Stabil is nothing more than double strengh regular Stabil.....hence, it costs twice as much, just a different color.....you cant use to much if your just adding from a bottle, your engine may smoke a little but its not a big deal.......my mechanic told me if you know its gonna sit a while fill up the tank, add a whole bottle of Stabil, shake it up, crank it and let it run for a minute.....then shut her off and leave it..DO NOT disconnect the hose and let it run out of gas..leave treated gas in the carb.....mine pops or cranks on the first or second turn of the key...its a '97 40hp Merc
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    Marine Stabil is nothing more than double strengh regular Stabil....
    Rod .... not according to the chart in the link I posted !! Different ingredients & different % of them are listed.

They all do seem to contain one or more of three basic ingredients ... solvents, petroleum distillates, alcohol. Their whole point is that E10 gas already has solvents & alcohol, so adding to them may not be a good idea. Those products containing mostly petroleum distillates are not water absorbing, so they don't contribute to the problem.

Stoddard solvents are listed as the ingredients of several products ... and it's one of the main ingredients in WD-40 (which is primarily a water dispersing solvent).

For those that use & replace the gas in their tanks, or keep the tanks full on a constant basis ... additives may not be necessary. If the gas is allowed to, or by necessity has to sit for more than a couple of months, then a stabilizer may help. Filling your gas tanks to the max, prior to them sitting for extended periods, can also help ... as it lessens the evaporation/condensation exchange. A water seperation filter system, added to your boat, may be the cheapest way to go in the long run. IMHO (& I will probably be putting one on, in the very near future)

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    Rod .... not according to the chart in the link I posted !! Different ingredients & different % of them are listed.

They all do seem to contain one or more of three basic ingredients ... solvents, petroleum distillates, alcohol. Their whole point is that E10 gas already has solvents & alcohol, so adding to them may not be a good idea. Those products containing mostly petroleum distillates are not water absorbing, so they don't contribute to the problem.

Stoddard solvents are listed as the ingredients of several products ... and it's one of the main ingredients in WD-40 (which is primarily a water dispersing solvent).

For those that use & replace the gas in their tanks, or keep the tanks full on a constant basis ... additives may not be necessary. If the gas is allowed to, or by necessity has to sit for more than a couple of months, then a stabilizer may help. Filling your gas tanks to the max, prior to them sitting for extended periods, can also help ... as it lessens the evaporation/condensation exchange. A water seperation filter system, added to your boat, may be the cheapest way to go in the long run. IMHO (& I will probably be putting one on, in the very near future)

... cp
    well i cant find where i read that (or heard maybe....senior moments).....but here is something from the Stabil site

Q: What is the difference between STA-BIl Fuel Stabilizer, Marine Formula STA-BIL, and the new STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment products?
    A: STA-BILŪ Fuel Stabilizer is designed for use during STORAGE of any gasoline equipment or vehicle stored for 30 days or more, or used infrequently. It will keep gas fresh for 12 months, and help prevent corrosion, and gum and varnish formation. It is effective in all gasolines, including Ethanol blends, including E-85.
    Marine Formula STA-BILŪ Ethanol Treatment was designed for use at every fill up for marine engines (boats, jetskis) to protect against the damaging effects experienced when using Ethanol blended fuels -- including corrosion caused by water attraction, and fuel system plugging caused by deposit loosening.
    New STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment is designed for use at every fill up for all gasoline automotive and small engines for protection against these same problems.

Q: I've heard that 1) The Old STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer is no good with the new fuels. 2) Red STA-BIL Fuel stabilizer gums up carburetors/engines 3) Old STA-BIl no longer works. 4) A mechanic told me to stop using STA-BIL, and that I should use a different STA-BIL product now.
    A: STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer is designed to be used during storage or infrequent use in any gasoline engine, and will keep any gasoline (even Ethanol blends, up to E-85) fresh for up to 12 months. The STA-BILŪ formula was improved over a year ago to include additional corrosion protection to protect against the damaging effects experienced when using Ethanol blended fuels. STA-BIL is compatible with ALL 2 and 4 cycle engines, and will absolutely NOT harm any components in an engine. The best way to protect your fuel system from Ethanol blended fuels related issues year-round (not just during storage), we recommend using new STA-BIl Ethanol Treatment. For Marine engines, such as a boat or jet-ski, we recommend Marine Formula STA-BIL Ethanol Treatment which has been specifically formulated for the extra severe conditions faced by these engines.

http://www.goldeagle.com/brands/stabil/faq.aspx
    I can only wish to be as good as my dog thinks I am

Post Thanks / Like

Rod .... I'm hoping that the Marine Stabil does what it says. I'm fixin to fill my tank, and I'll probably add some Marine Stabil to it ... just because I highly doubt I'll empty the tank in the next few fishing trips. My Merc 90hp 2stroke seems to be quite fuel efficient ... or else the gas tank is a lot bigger than I think it is Rofl (& I guess I'll find out just HOW BIG, when I do filler'up !! )

Doing some research on water/fuel seperators, too. That will my next "addition" to the boat !!

... cp