Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie with no clue!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default newbie with no clue!!

Just getting into the crappie fever and have no clue. I fish at Millwood lake in SW Arkansas and catch a few here and there. Get to the boat ramp see the experts with limits caught in Half the time it took me to catch my meager mess. This ain't as easy as it looks!! Looking for learning.

Post Thanks / Like

Well ya found the right place then. Start reading and post up questions. Drop in on your states board and read up on the reports of your local lake. Attend all the slabfests and fruit jars as tons of info gets passed there. And lastly try the search feature on here. Read u[ on the BNM website on their tips section. Read the main page of this site as there is gresat articles posted. It goes on and on and on. Welcome to the madhouse.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a stickie at the top of this forum called knots and rig drawings for beginners. That may help some. You can also post a specific question to get more specific answers. Welcome from Alabama.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks huntinslabs and shipahoy41. A friend out of Shreveport told me this was the place to learn.

Post Thanks / Like

From Texas and since your fishin' Millwood, you don't need to try and find a better place to
    catch crappies. Love to fish Millwood in my yak. Do lots of readin' and lookin' right here at
    Crappie.com.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks RetiredRR. I've caught a couple nice ones at millwood and hear great things about it. I'm from the Genoa/ Fouke area so it's not too far. A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

This is where they should be....http://www.crappie.com/crappie/archi...e-degrees.html
    Crappie are water temperature motivated...

Having a idea where they should be is half the equation...
    The other half is getting your choice of baits in front of them...

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Another good idea outside of the forum world is to talk to those experts you see with their limits and see if you can get some helpful advice. You can read all you want, but each lake you will find different things work better than others. Of course the guys leaving with the limits will know these certain things.

Post Thanks / Like

Take your time dont rush!!!! Keep your eyes and ears open; ease into a area and fish it good!! Try to find out how deep of water the old vets are catching them and then you find that depth of water and take your time!!! You will start catching your limit real soon...Good fishing to you.

Post Thanks / Like

I drive 5 hours to fish millwood and am kind of addicted to it even tho I have never come close to limiting out. I love to see the gators and the cypress groves and occasionally see my bobber shoot out of sight. Been 4 times this year and only caught 3-4 dinks. Those crappie do run big! I would love to make one more trip from Tulsa but I am sure the spawn is over and I don't have a clue how to fish there post spawn or later. So much shallow water that just doesn't match what I'm used to. Anyone with experience on those nw Arkansas lakes willing to educate me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast