Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Nicascio and stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nicascio and stuff

Or stuff and Nicascio.....
    Did a local snoop today for a couple hours. NOW should be the time to hit Lytton according to what we saw. We only covered less than 1/4 of the pond. We are the worst at keeping track, but there were somewhere around 20 - 25 bass to hand and double that with BG's. By far, the best bug was a small surf-candie in white/pearl #10. If they were not spawning, they were eating. So, many tactics worked and worked well.
    Dinah tolerated, Bear thoroughly enjoyed the mud!
    We also poked around Nicascio for a bit too. Many crappie were being harvested, though none of great size. What was impressive was a couple catfish one kid had. Not being good at judging cats, we'd guess'em to have been 8# - 12#......NICE fish!
    Kitty's pond only has about 18" visibility....GRAND steelhead water, 18" and green. :-) Lytton ought to be "sight-fishing supreme" with the visibility we saw there a couple weeks back....4+'
    .....lee s.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. I am hoping to get up that way this fall. My main target will be salmon in the SAC. Woodson Bridge area.

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

i caught a 5 lb catfish yesterday along with my limit of crappies at Nicasio. The Catfish bit on my crappie jig which is NOT that uncommon there. going back today since im off again.

Post Thanks / Like

Caught my limit again... some of my friends went to Indain valley reservoir and reported no crappies since they only had one hour to fish. their truck got stuck in the mud due to soft ground from high water level. I will go back at the end of this month to try for myself. I think they just didnt know what they were doing.

Post Thanks / Like

hey 101, good going on those limits. Any size to them?

Gonefission
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

no good sizes but they come in numbers. i release all the smaller ones and keep the big ones. the average size for crappies there is 5-6 inches only. but i did catch 2 that was almost 4 lbs..

went yesterday after work (yes, worked on mother's day) and caught my limit.