Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What's goin on at Guntersville

Post Thanks / Like

Default What's goin on at Guntersville

At Weiss ,lookin to go up to Guntersville in the next day or two eH,,,,,,TIM

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,but by the moments that take our breath away,GC-Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Saturday afternoon, caught 82 but only 16 keepers and they were alot smaller than the past few weeks. We were targeting the shallow black crappie spawn but probably should have tried out a little deeper for the white spawning crappie. You will catch alot of fish, just not sure on size. It think it is about the same at Weiss.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I fished saturday morning and had similar results to Scott. I didn't keep count of the catches but we guesstimated at least 100, kept 28 between 10 and 12 inches. I caught no crappie over 12 inches. Probably a handful were close to the magic 10" mark where I had to think whether I wanted to cull it or not.
    At least half my keepers were females and had bright yellow eggs.
    It was a busy morning, we had "4 on" several times and were trying to pull the bigger ones in first.

Post Thanks / Like

Have ya already caught all the crappie off the big G??? they may have washed into wheeler??

Post Thanks / Like

Fished all day there today. The highlight for me was catching mammoth shellcracker and bull brim - many over 10 inches. Lots of fun on ultralight. Caught the majority on 1/16th jigs. Caught a few crappie and one really nice bass - and some smaller ones- but the area I worked today is loaded with these bluegills. Kept 19, but caught about 60. Only a couple had eggs. That's it for the freezer for the season for me, just wanted to top it off with some tasty brim. Probably will take the kids out there Friday and let them have some fun with them because I now know where there are many areas loaded down with them. We'll smarten then up a little and put 'em back.
    James 1:5

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keith dodd View Post
    Have ya already caught all the crappie off the big G??? they may have washed into wheeler??
    Naw, still some big uns there, they just weren't where I was.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Saturday and caught them real shallow around docks. I kept 30 over 10" with the largest going 2lbs 1oz. Actually culled out three 10 inchers before I quit. No telling how many small ones I caught along with a bunch of medium size bluegill.