Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Melvern 3-24 and 3-25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Melvern 3-24 and 3-25

We fished Melvern yesterday afternoon and again this afternoon and caught some really nice fish. Tried the dam yesterday hoping to find a walleye or two with no luck. Tried fishing shallow around arrow rock and had no luck. Tried the brush pile and hit the jackpot. Biggest crappie was 15 inches and the smallest we put in the live well was 12. Came home with 28 yesterday and 19 today. Every one of the fish we caught on the brush was a female so the the males must be on their way to make the nests. We tried several places up shallow this afternoon and did not catch anything other than damn smallmouth.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! 174 views as of 21:00 hours on Monday and not one comment! I am obviously not one of the "IN" crowd on the Kansas forum. I don't spend a lot of time on here but I am starting to realize that the Eastern Kansas elitism (read Shawnee, Douglas and Johnson Counties) prevails on the the Kansas board. It is sad as I have talked to many others from central, southern and western Kansas that feel the same way.
    I was under the impression that this board was a place for anyone with an interest in crappie fishing to share information. Obviously I was wrong, it is not for just anyone, it if for only those who are "in the club".

That's fine. I refuse to associate with the elites. I have a whole lot better things to do than color myself important and try to be someone I am not. I prefer to be logical and realistic rather than counterfeit.

It really does not surprise me as I tend to speak my mind, and often times that seems to offend tender little hearts and simple minds and then they wont play with me any more.

This will be my last fishing report on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wheels70 View Post
    Wow! 174 views as of 21:00 hours on Monday and not one comment! I am obviously not one of the "IN" crowd on the Kansas forum. I don't spend a lot of time on here but I am starting to realize that the Eastern Kansas elitism (read Shawnee, Douglas and Johnson Counties) prevails on the the Kansas board. It is sad as I have talked to many others from central, southern and western Kansas that feel the same way.
    I was under the impression that this board was a place for anyone with an interest in crappie fishing to share information. Obviously I was wrong, it is not for just anyone, it if for only those who are "in the club".

That's fine. I refuse to associate with the elites. I have a whole lot better things to do than color myself important and try to be someone I am not. I prefer to be logical and realistic rather than counterfeit.

It really does not surprise me as I tend to speak my mind, and often times that seems to offend tender little hearts and simple minds and then they wont play with me any more.

This will be my last fishing report on this site.
    i agree with you on that. i think the only way to get in the "elite" status is to despise all tournaments, and your fishing reports must include gps coordinates, color, type of lure, time, exact depth you were fishing, type of structure you were fishing, wind speed, temperature, color of underwear you were wearing, etc. and you can't catch anything over 13", because they don't exist.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie commander View Post
    i agree with you on that. I think the only way to get in the "elite" status is to despise all tournaments, and your fishing reports must include gps coordinates, color, type of lure, time, exact depth you were fishing, type of structure you were fishing, wind speed, temperature, color of underwear you were wearing, etc. And you can't catch anything over 13", because they don't exist.
    I don't wear underwear.RoflRoflRofl <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Chatt- I knowRofl

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    i thought this was supposed to be a family friendly site. banghead

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Keith... Not everyone will post so don't get upset. I'm sure with the nice weather, people are busy and the posts will go down. Keep posting the good reports and I will reply... Hope maybe you can make it to El Dorado this weekend for the Kansas Crappie Trail tournament. If not, keep up the catching and keep posting...

Post Thanks / Like

Great report!I have my own lawncare co. have been very busy.So ,I appreciate your post and fishin I was fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Great report.Thank You and good to ya.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chatt View Post
    Now there ya go..Have not tried that....I'll leave my pink ones at home.. Maybe that is my problem

GREAT REPORT!Thumbs Up
    Rick
    Take a kid fishing--even a old kid

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast