Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marion 3-22-12

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marion 3-22-12

Got drug out to Marion Res. in the horridly cold wet weather for walleye off the damn by a buddy of mine. After a breathtaking trip down the rocks that just screamed broken neck or leg. After a smoke and a little calming down, I started to notice something about the area, IT WAS PERFECT COVER. The large rocks created awesome cover for the bait fish. Due to a lack of minnows thanks to Canada Bait and Tackle closing, I decided it was time to put my light action jigging rod to work . I was pleasantly surprised to find a school of crappie, all bigger than average with 10 inched being the smallest, truly a dream. Suspended a tube jig under a bobber tipped with a one inch Gulp Minnow in smelt color/scent and rolled her past the rocks, well it turned out for the best with over 50 fish caught with no sightings of a single walleye, oh well too bad for him XD

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish....... way to be persistent and go after them

Post Thanks / Like

WTG will have to head west on a road trip. Nice!

Post Thanks / Like

When it was cloudy at the start could not beat a white jig with chartreuse tentacles, once the sun came out the bite switched off on this and I had some good luck with red and silver with glitter. Just to show color matters according to light conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Good job

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice.
    Life is good today.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet!

Post Thanks / Like

very nice

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3/25

Just plain slow for us early, we got there about noonish. Tried Cottonwood with minimal success on da bobber, took it off and did better. Moved to the dam with a couple hrs of light left and caught crappie and walleye. Yep, you guessed it, we fluked them up. Ended up keeping a couple dozen crappie and seven walleye. Every body was catching fish around us, some more than others and throwbacks were common. We stayed well past dark and keep on catching. NO need measuring our keepers.Thumbs Up
    All lakes raise a foot when I step in the boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default doc

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedoc View Post
    Just plain slow for us early, we got there about noonish. Tried Cottonwood with minimal success on da bobber, took it off and did better. Moved to the dam with a couple hrs of light left and caught crappie and walleye. Yep, you guessed it, we fluked them up. Ended up keeping a couple dozen crappie and seven walleye. Every body was catching fish around us, some more than others and throwbacks were common. We stayed well past dark and keep on catching. NO need measuring our keepers.Thumbs Up
    Is there a particular fluke you like. Used them a little last year and I am becoming a fan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast