Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wadding the road beds in the Honeycomb area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wadding the road beds in the Honeycomb area

I have not been on the water in a while because my ole boat motor give out on me. The mechanics i took it too both said it would cost around 1200 to rebuild. I can not justify putting that kind of money in a 72 model boat that at its best might have been worth 1200,but of course to me its priceless! LOL. Ok to the fishing report i reverted back to the way i use to go after them which is wadding. I thought i would take some crickets and try for both crappie and some bluegill. Well while throwing my B Garlands for the crappie did not do well only catching a hand full. I switched to a keystone minnow backed with a cricket and to my surprise caught as many crappie as bluegill. I did not catch many slabs mostly 11 to 12 inches and not many of those bullgills i was looking for! Wadding in 3ft of water fan casting all around both sides of the road bed. I found most my fish casting back toward the lay downs along the banks. I tried different depths but seemed like around 2ft below the float worked the best. The crappie would just slowly run with it,while the brim of course just attacked it.I did catch most crappie slow rolling it. Well i wish everyone good fishing,have a good weekend and God Bless!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report and sounds like you had a blast. Thanks for the details. Sorry to hear about your boat motor.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a successful day!! That sounds like a blast, I've got to try that one of these days.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Honeycomb last week. I also caught some 10-12" fish, but was long-lining. It was a disappointing trip after catching 12-16" fish in a different creek.

At one point, I ventured over to the North side of the 431 bridge and came across some slimy effervescent green grass. Can anyone tell me what this stuff was