Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fenwick Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fenwick Rods

Im looking at getting a new Fenwick does anybody know which one would be the best for casting to crappie but still has enough backbone to handle bass aswell

keeferfish is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Seth I bass fish quite a bit and only have one spinning outfit for bass. Just never been a fan of it when bassin. It happens to be a fenwick but I think it’s too heavy for crappie just my opinion. I think you would be happier using different rods for bass and crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

well im curious cause while crappie fishing alot of smaller lakes in my kayak i inadvertently catch bass every once in a while so i just want to make sure the rod can handle it

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Everharts has a great selection of them and Steve Prince there has pretty good knowledge on them. You may check in there with him time your down this way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    Everharts has a great selection of them and Steve Prince there has pretty good knowledge on them. You may check in there with him time your down this way.
    Thats were I plan on getting it Steves daughter is married to a good friend of mine so i have known him for a while so i planned on talking to him about it

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool. Steve is a great guy and really knows the fishing side of the store and for sure the bass stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I have caught up tp a 8# walleye on my outlaw and had no problem with that, but fenwick has a new rod out that is on my to buy list.. i saw it at rogers and it is realy cool comes in lenghts up tp 12' they cant keep them in stock.... problem is i don't know the model but i do know they start at $120.00.... they are nice i love the 6'6'' fenwick i have will add another rod this spring sometime..