Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Odd worm weather earley!!! Is it gunna be hard to hit the spaun?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd worm weather earley!!! Is it gunna be hard to hit the spaun?

Im starten to worry about how the spaun is gunna turn out with indiana setting record highs. Its been in the high 70s for a couple weeks and the water temp is 60 but of course that varies. the crappie are shallow but dont seem to be spauning yet. I was wondering if anyone else ever had a way earley spring and how the delt with it?
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

I talked to some old timers and nobody can remember a spring like this one. I caught some earlier today that looked like they had already spawned out. Catching lots of fish that won't measure along with a few keepers. I'm hoping the big girls and boys are waiting another week or two before spawninig.

Post Thanks / Like

If my grandpa was still alive im shure he would have some guidance. Im kinda shooten in the dark but im gunna take 2 days off work and try to get as many crappie as i can. I think they are due to spaun. i cant see what they are waiting for. maybe they know somethen we dont. The worst that can happen is i get a few lazy days on the lake. cant loose with that.
    Happy Hooken.....

Post Thanks / Like

Spawn. The early spring has started an early spawn down in tn, it's on right now, fish never slowed down and got lethargic due to the mild winter and are extra fat! Last year we had fish spawning all the way to June, they go in phases, but now is a great time to be on the water, spawn or no spawn!!!!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!