Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Water Temp & Spawn Runs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water Temp & Spawn Runs

Anyone seeing water temps pushing 60 yet? I haven't been on water warmer than 54 yet. Still seeing holding slabs, but no easy pickings yet.
    "If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers."

Post Thanks / Like

I havent had time to get out for any crappies as of yet! I'm going to be hitting up Mille Lacs this weekend for some eyes though! If I do make it out I will be happy to let you know what I see!
    The S.W.A.T. - "We Don't Flock Around"
    www.TheSupremeWaterfowlActionTeam.com

Post Thanks / Like

Heading up to Bowstring myself.

I went out again yesterday to a smaller lake where the North bay was holding steady at 58. I think we're only one sustained warm front away from seeing males in the beds with females lurking deeper. This is the most exiciting time of year for me. Eye opener on Saturday when all I can think about is the slab spawn.
    "If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the lottery numbers."

Post Thanks / Like

Heading out again this evening with my puddle jumper. The plan is to hit 3 well known grounds on a few lakes. I expect the temps to have risen in at least 2 spots by about 4-5 degrees. Anything tossing us over the 60 degree mark should equate to a pre-spawn run of males.

If anyone else out there has some recorded water temps for northern MN lakes, please post them so I can save on gas

God I love living up here.