Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite type of rod for trolling (cheap ol telescopic fiberglass / 2 piece graphite)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Favorite type of rod for trolling (cheap ol telescopic fiberglass / 2 piece graphite)

I am just getting into trolling with multiple rods and was wondering what your preferences on 10' and 12' rods are. I have been looking at a 2 piece graphite rod and a fairly decent looking telescopic with reel seat for half the money of the graphite. Which do you prefer, the graphite for sensitivity, longevity etc? or the telescopic for price and easy storage and transport etc.?

Post Thanks / Like

I longline and use 10'and less in graphite and 13' and 16' telescoping. I don't notice a difference in hooking ratio. But if i could store the longer poles in graphite I would probably have the longer poles in graphite as well. Mine are the uncle bucks crappie delude with real seats and guides.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to come to Liberty, NC and look at the HT Panfish in 8, 10, and 12 ft lengths. We have been offering a show special- 12 ft pole and open face reel for $20.00.

Monk
    Monk's Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post
    You need to come to Liberty, NC and look at the HT Panfish in 8, 10, and 12 ft lengths. We have been offering a show special- 12 ft pole and open face reel for $20.00.

Monk
    Monk's Crappie
    Funny you mention that because its one that I was looking at on your website. I didn't see anything there about a show special though. Do you have to come there to get it or is available to the public via the website? The panfish does look like a good offering, what reel is attached because I was actually looking at the shimano ix1000 reels but not sure yet on which to go with.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monkscrappie View Post

Monk
    Monk's Crappie
    x10! If you are just starting like me and dont want to break the bank these are some very good rods for the $. I have 2-8', 2-10',and 2-12'ers. They are not that heavy and I have yet to have one break even when I get hung up Ans I reeled in a 4' gar with one of my 8'ers. And a 12'er w/o the reel cost about the same as a replacement tip for a bnm.
    "i only like to fish when i am by myself or with someone"

Post Thanks / Like

Check out Grizzly Jig's. They have some that are three for $50. I bought mine for trolling and lover them. If you have the catalog they are on the very back I think.
    "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

Post Thanks / Like

Check out these BnM 12' westpoint. I have 6 of them and have not broken one on hangups. Great clearance price.

B'n'M Fishing Rods bnm, west point crappie fishing r - TheGunSource

THE BEST TIME TO FISH IS WHEN IT'S RAINING AND WHEN IT'S NOT RAINING

Post Thanks / Like

Well I jumped on the HT panfish poles that MonksCrappie.com sells and got 2 10 footers and 2 12 footers. Also got 4 shimano ix2000 spinning reels and some hi vis 8lb line. Getting set up for the crappie bite.
    Thanks for the replies. I looked at the grizzly site, they got quite a selection and didn't see the BnM west point stuff till today. They look like a nice rod too, might just go ahead and get me a few reserve rods

Thanks for the super fast shipping Monk....they look great!!
    Last edited by NCredneck; 03-15-2012 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Wanted to say thanks to MONK

Post Thanks / Like

B&M ProStaff 16 footers!!! Bulletproof!!!
    From the ARK-LA-MISS Delta....... Crappie Paradise ! ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvpt View Post
    B&M ProStaff 16 footers!!! Bulletproof!!!
    x2
    kost plus crappie team

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast