Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed Ford F150

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed Ford F150

I have a f150 when ever i turn the wheel on the truckthe whole front of the truck shakes the bearings good everything else is good i have no clue what is wrong with it.The dealer wants $450 before they look at it.I have taken it to three different mechanics they can't fix it either .Its a 2006 and I have only done 72000 on it need some help if anyone knows whats the problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Might try google. Lots of info there.

Post Thanks / Like

get an estimate from a body shop, lol, I had a ford truck years ago that did the same thing...a body shop fixed mine for a little over a hundred - took em all of about 20 minutes to fix the problem.
    Roaming the banks of the Kankakee River and anywhere else fish might lurk.

Post Thanks / Like

Find the best front end alignment shop in your area and consult with them. My dad had a 1972 that did the same thing, got fixed when he replaced the front end king pins on the twin I beam front end. Not sure if your 06 has this on it.

Post Thanks / Like

What did they do to your truck what caused it

Post Thanks / Like

The king pins are just large pins that hold the twin I beam and the wheel spindles, they just wear out causing wheel shimmy and a lot of vibration.

Post Thanks / Like

Heck with the truck Bill, I want to see those New Zealand pictures.

Just kidding. Like SirBob says, you just have to keep looking for a non-dealer that'll look at it and tell you what it is. That much money for the dealer to just looks at it is ridiculous. They've probably seen this same problem a hundred times, and they want to charge you that much just to look at it. For that much money they should guarantee a fix! Really, they should be able to spit out possible causes, and the costs to fix each. Keep shopping till you find someone you can trust buddy.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone who asks for money up front, is not a person I'd trust, even if it is a dealership. You know, you can turn them in to Ford, and or your state. To me it sounds like a scam. Find a place that sells tires, and does front end alignments. Tires are another thing I won't buy from car dealers.

Post Thanks / Like

Check Motor Mounts! EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys I finally took it back to a Ford dealer to fix the problem.In the end they explained everything that was wrong with it must of taken like five minutes to explain to me it seemed like hours.In the end I ended up paying $836 for the problem what a rip off.I made them explain what caused the problem in the first place, that took another ten minutes made me feel good,They showed me all these special codes on the worksheet and the part they put in and there awards they received from FORD.In the end I left the dealer all happy and satisfied in what they did I decided to take it to my friends mechanic shop and show him the paperwork.When I showed him the paperwork all he said I was an idiot I should come back and told him the problem the part cost $250 for him to install would cost about $180 all it is he said is a spacer bar for the four wheel drive.Worst of all he found out it was a recall from Ford which I got charged for.I AM GOING BACK THERE TO GET MY MONEY CALL FORD FIRST THE GO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast