Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Did OK Smithville 5-02-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Did OK Smithville 5-02-06

Put in at w-bridge around 2:30 pm quit about 7:15pm went north didn't do any good at all . Went south down by crows creek caught alot of fish mostly small but i did manage to get my limit mostly 9 1/2-12 in. Think i spun my prop was a long ride back at 20mph. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad SOMEONE caught some fish! I didn't get on the lake until 5pm... Had everything ready... except I'd put my sonar in the house for safekeeping.
    And my flasher seemed to have a short in it... Tripped a breaker whenever I turned it on. Spent a couple of hours in a cove on the west side of the lake, south of "W"... Everything LOOKED great... bit of a breeze, minnows jumping,
    surface activity all over the cove... caught one 14"bass about 4' deep in 12' of water... and missed half a dozen light biters but NO crappie went into the boat. Other anglers seemed to share my lack of success... Enjoyable evening, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Smithville yesterday from 730a to 1230p and 7 keepers was the best that I could do. Dmac

Post Thanks / Like

I managed 1 4# channel cat from 8-10 a.m....water very muddy and a lot of scum coating my jigs whenever I cast.

I've read the term"spun prop" before,being a new boat owner I should know what this means only thing I can think of is a broken shear pin,please enlighten me

Post Thanks / Like

the newer props have the center hub attached to the prop body with hard rubber. when you hit an object hard enough, the rubber breaks free and saves the prop from most damage. i believe this is what happened to jim.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

How deep are you guys catching them? I have not been to smithville in a week and a half. Did I miss the spawn or not?

THANKS
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

I tryed next to the bank several times yesterday but had to go to deep water in the channel up to the flats with brush. Only 1 male out of 15 most of the females still had eggs. I don't think the spawn is over. The water temp droped a few degrees from last week. Jim C.