Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which lake is traditionally a better spring time lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which lake is traditionally a better spring time lake?

Between Stockton, Pomme, Truman, and LOZ what is your first choice? I'm a creature of habit and always fish Stockton. Although, I am going to branch out this year and fish Pomme and Truman more. Personally, I don't know if one is better than the other, but someone else may think so.Tom

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This will get a ton of differant opinions. I say Truman but that is the lake I always fish in spring. I am sure not to many people will say another lake than the one they fish the most or live closest to. Truman can be very good from early march slider rigging all the way through casting roadrunners and jigs under bobbers through May. It can be fast and furious. But I am sure guys who know the other lakes will say the same thing about there lakes because they know when and where to go like we do here at Truman. It is fixing to get real good up here on Truman.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to fish Truman more but I guess I am lazy. Driving from Springfield if figure why drive past two lakes to get there. I guess I shouldn't be like that. I could be at Sparrowfoot in and hour and a half or so, but i know nothing about the area and i hear it can be difficult to navigate.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bucksaw is a lot easier to get around and some good fishing close to ramp with out going to far.

Post Thanks / Like

I like to start at Loz and work my way to Mark Twain. Like jigging15 said Truman is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

LOZ has the most predictable water level in the spring, and it never varies by more than 5'. You can fish the same structure in the same water depth every year. LOZ has more Crappie, more shoreline, and more points than the other lakes.

But I think the large Crappie population keeps the average size down, maybe 1/2" - 1" shorter than other lakes. According to MDC a 10" length limit on LOZ would stunt the growth because there would be a huge number of 9.5" fish.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sardis!!

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Truman. Well worth the drive.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Speck!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Stockton 99% of the time and is my pick since I know it better then any other lake. With that said Buzzman and I went to Truman last year and caught fish in 2 foot of water with long rods. It was so different then what I normally do that it was a nice change and a lot of fun. I am sure it looked like a 3 ring circus dealing with a long rod in Willow Trees with 2 foot of line out. We did catch a bunch of fish and brought home 2 nice limits. Hoping to make a few trips to Truman this year and try it again.

I have never fished Pomme or LOZ so with have to give them a try some time so can't comment.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast