Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great Day Bad Boat Ride Back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great Day Bad Boat Ride Back

Got on the Warrior River at 3:45 p.m caught 22 by dark. That was the good part. Now for the bad part. We headed back 15 minutes before dark so I could see all the debris in the river left over from April's tornadoes. I had a short in my back light and it would flicker on and off and wouldn't you know it her comes the marine police puling me over for my back light not working. I hadn't seen the marine police on that river in about 5 years, but ofcourse they were out on a Wendsday afternoon in Feb. Well I showed him it had a short in it and told him I didn't know it wasn't working, so he just wrote me a warning. Which I thought was pretty cool, but by the time he got finished checking all my stuff in the boat it was completely dark. Well I navigated my way slowly through the debris next to the steam plant. I was almost back to the landing when we hit a log and went airborn. So high that the prop didn't even hit the log! Now my front in is smashed and I have 2 holes in my boat were ribits are crushed! Anybody got any suggestions how to fix it. I think I am just gonna get the local welding shop to weld up the ribits and see how bad it is gonna leak.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

A boat is a hole in the water into which you throw money ! Tuff luck but atleast you got a nice mess of fish !

Post Thanks / Like

At least the crappie were OK. Darned good that you had an aluminum boat not fiberglass. Good luck with the repairs, been there done that, lived to fish again.